Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: It’s safe now...

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    Yes. Yes they are. I'm sure there is some "guidance" from others higher than them, but I have one in middle school and one in high school. The high schooler received a sticker to let her teachers know the form had been turned in. In One of her classes, not the others, the teacher had the masked students on one side of the room and unmasked students on the other. The unmasked were nearest the door so they could exit first. My middle schooler had nothing of the sort that I am aware of. No stickers or "segregation" in any classes. So yes, The principals and teachers are "making the rules".
    Whatever you say, my man. Every district must be different.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I have come to the realization that ugly people are loving this mask thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Pollen allergies.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    I have come to the realization that ugly people are loving this mask thing.
    Seriously. It’s like they have something to finally belong to or something

It blows my mind this decision was made with a few weeks of school left. How easy would it have been to punt this idea until fall allowing plenty of time to work out these policy kinks. Hell even if it is time to change the policy it would’ve been so much easier to wait until the fall. There will also be more vaccinated children in the fall as well. They created a problem that could’ve been avoided in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Id get arrested this morning at that school
    THIS.

Quote Originally Posted by CofC Waterfowler View Post
    It blows my mind this decision was made with a few weeks of school left. How easy would it have been to punt this idea until fall allowing plenty of time to work out these policy kinks. Hell even if it is time to change the policy it would’ve been so much easier to wait until the fall. There will also be more vaccinated children in the fall as well. They created a problem that could’ve been avoided in my mind.
    This.

But have you ever seen McMaster? He looks like a mouth breathing idiot that cant come up with an original thought on his own. I'm sure someone waved some campaign money in his face and he started drooling. He absolutely screwed the school system with the shit he pulled. He is out of touch with the school system and had no clue what the teachers and administrators would have to face.
    Last edited by SCswampCAT; 05-17-2021 at 08:32 AM.
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Oh and how many teachers have we got fired? Principals? If 0.. we need to pump those numbers up!

I hate masks just as much as anyone, but I completely agree. If the governor would have announced this 2-3 months ago it would have made sense to me. With a couple weeks of school left all it did was cause unnecessary chaos.

Should have never been an issue. Should have been given the choice when school started. Free to make a choice.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Out of curiosity has anyone else’s work environment made an announcement that vaccinated do not have to wear masks and those that aren’t still have to wear them? Just announced today for me and I’m in Florida too..

Quote Originally Posted by hunterjw View Post
    Out of curiosity has anyone else’s work environment made an announcement that vaccinated do not have to wear masks and those that aren’t still have to wear them? Just announced today for me and I’m in Florida too..
    Made the announcement last week with us. Vaccinated personnel no longer have to wear mask or social distance, inside of office or out in the field. Before that it was vaccinated didn't have to wear a mask unless in room with more than 8 people. Also said they are not tracking who has been vaccinated, but supposedly have the authority to ask to see vaccination paperwork if asked for. Work in NC, the mothership is in Houston TX. As far as I know there are 3 out of 10 or so that have not received our shots at my facility. Im also in the Army Reserves, which has not "required" us to get vaccinated. This weekend will by my first in person Battle Assembly since March of 2020. We are being required to wear mask, my unit is at Fort Jackson.
    Last edited by scmoose; 05-17-2021 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    I hate masks just as much as anyone, but I completely agree. If the governor would have announced this 2-3 months ago it would have made sense to me. With a couple weeks of school left all it did was cause unnecessary chaos.
    I think what sparked it late in the year is this is the time that parents have to make decisions for the upcoming year. We couldn't get a firm answer on how things would look moving forward, and it needed to be very clear that this start of affairs would not be tolerated any longer.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Get vaccinated but safety sake still wear your mask and social distance
    Get vaccinated and you only need to wear your mask in public indoor places
    Get vaccinated and you don't have to wear a mask outdoors
    Get vaccinated and you no longer have to wear a mask or social distance
    If you aren't vaccinated you are now required to wear a mask everywhere.
    3rd base coach for the Yankees has been fully vaccinated and is quarantined due to positive Covid test
    Anyone see the desperation of the Feds to have everyone allow them to vaccinate you?
    It's proven to be somewhat successful in some cases but not complete immunity.
    Now you need a yearly booster.
    There's something wrong with this whole scenario.

I completely disagree. The public deserves to know and be let out from under any restriction immediately. If the collective school administration isn’t smart enough to roll it out, which they weren’t, they are in the wrong field.

Back to question #2 - Does the school put children first or are they serving a different master? I would argue that segregating them, in some cases labeling them, is not serving children.

Quote Originally Posted by hunterjw View Post
    I really haven't worn them in my stores, just a buff I'd pull up if I walked out in front amongst customers. There's enough cross contamination anyways.. My employees were instructed from the beginnings if they walked out in front of the glass they were to wear one, that lasted up until last week when the city pulled back their ordinance. I've been mindful and respective of others wants on their property and their requests if I've wanted to enter their establishments. So, I'd say my work environment really hasn't changed, except I still have glass up at the counters.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I really haven't worn them in my stores, just a buff I'd pull up if I walked out in front amongst customers. There's enough cross contamination anyways.. My employees were instructed from the beginnings if they walked out in front of the glass they were to wear one, that lasted up until last week when the city pulled back their ordinance. I've been mindful and respective of others wants on their property and their requests if I've wanted to enter their establishments. So, I'd say my work environment really hasn't changed, except I still have glass up at the counters.
    I was speaking specifically to employees not third party visitors. Where the employer tells employees if you have the vaccine you don’t have to wear a mask but if you don’t then you do.

At what point are the "vaccinated" going to have to prove it?

Still say the schools could have lifted mask mandate and anybody who wanted to wear one could.