Thread: Fish Bling

Default Fish Bling

The previous thread reminded me......got my first fish bling Tuesday!

IMG_1671.jpg

IMG_1673.jpg

IMG_1674 (1).jpg

You can see the tracking antenna in a couple of pics and where they sutured the tracker into the belly.

Was just tagged on the third so 8 days before.

that's cool.

Trophy! Mount that biotch...

This was Lake Norman, NC. Wildlife dept started stocking hybrids in place of stripers about 4-5 years ago due to summer mortality and hoping the hybrids can handle it better. Talked to the biologist for about 20 minutes when I called it in. He said this is the second year of 2 of doing this tracking study to determine how they handle the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Dick View Post
    Trophy! Mount that biotch...
    I put it back....first thing he asked me is did I release it? Other side of tag has phone # and says release fish. As soon as he asked I said "yeah the carcass. I thought it would be a lot easier to get the tracker thingy out after I got the filets off but it was pretty tough". He just went silent for a few seconds before I told him I was joking.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Timber View Post
    This was Lake Norman, NC. Wildlife dept started stocking hybrids in place of stripers about 4-5 years ago due to summer mortality and hoping the hybrids can handle it better. Talked to the biologist for about 20 minutes when I called it in. He said this is the second year of 2 of doing this tracking study to determine how they handle the summer.
    I know at one point, folks were stocking hybrids in ponds, so I imagine they are pretty tough. We talked about it but never did. Just put in tilapia this year though.

I caught a striper back in college underneath the Gervais Street Bridge that had a transmitter in it. I thought it had swallowed a piece of metal only to realize it was a tag on the end. Biologist said the fish had started down in Moultrie I believe.