Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Edisto by Boat, boat beaches?

Quote Originally Posted by mhogancu View Post
    I’ll be down there July 11-25th. Mouth of the north Edisto river if you don’t mind the ride to get there. Plan on an hour going backside of the island, 30 minutes if you take the ocean side.
    That wide beach on the south side of the north Edisto has been known to turn into a nude beach from time to time.

Don’t ask me how I know.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    Finally Dawhoo says something that I wholeheartedly agree with.

Remember inlets are a lot different than the lake...
    Thanks for the kind words, about the only thing controversial I post on here has been disagreeing with medical statements that someone heard on right wing talk radio.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

Otter and Pine Islands are fun spots, have had some wild nights camping on those islands
    "some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters"-Archibald Rutledge

Default Edisto by Boat, boat beaches?

I’ll be staying off Tom point Rd in Hollywood next week. Can’t wait to see what Edisto is all about. A lot of Greenville people go there. That’s all you hear about at the Blockhouse.
    Last edited by britton40; 05-13-2021 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawhoo View Post
    Please help keep these places local and not spread on a public forum. Sorry OP I just have seen some of these places around Edisto go from local knowledge only to 15 boats with upstate kids blaring music as loud as they can.
    Maybe those upstate kids don’t know about the music moratorium like all the lower state kids??!! I’ve never seen them play loud music. Hell I guess those upstate kids couldn’t possibly find it on Google earth like every other duck hunting spot? I’ve been going there since the early 80s from the “upstate” Can’t believe it’s lasted this long. Show of hands who has been going to Edisto before the big bridge was built? I think we should limit it to just those people, if you’ll include this old upstater.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    Deveaux Bank.
    Isn't that off limits during nesting season?
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Yep, I have

I think it's off limits

I've stayed a fair amount of time in the one house on the little island next to it.

They paved putt putt and put up a parking lot, mmm bop bop

No flounder gigging is allowed

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    Isn't that off limits during nesting season?
    This land is your land,
    This land is my land...

And so forth.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Otter island is cool with me. My glasses fell off the top of my head there in chest deep water with current ripping. I walked back to the boat with my head hung low and grabbed a beer to drown my sorrows. Twenty minutes later I walked back out to relieve myself and stepped on them. They drifted about 40’.

I like that place.

Be careful on the Edisto side of Otter Island. Dang shells will eat up your boat and your feet if you ain’t careful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks again for all the responses.

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNSON View Post
    Otter island is cool with me. My glasses fell off the top of my head there in chest deep water with current ripping. I walked back to the boat with my head hung low and grabbed a beer to drown my sorrows. Twenty minutes later I walked back out to relieve myself and stepped on them. They drifted about 40’.

I like that place.
    great story, mergie
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Just watch for upstaters when you’re there
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson