Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Open carry will become law.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioti View Post
    Might be able to make an educated guess by looking up the statistics from the 45 other states that allow open carry.
    Possibly so....I don't know the statistics from other states but I would make a wager that today's "climate" is slightly changed from historical statistics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    A larger caliber will help you with your deer kills. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I agree with timber22

Quote Originally Posted by Moose843 View Post
    I got prints done in cwp class. I'm guessing not all instructors do it all?
    I stopped a while back. Pain in the ass and it increased how much crap I had to carry around. I send my people to IdentoGo to do it the digital route. You get your CWP back much faster that way also.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Many are being incredibly alarmist. NC has open carry, as do dozens of other states. The streets didn't erupt into Tombstone or Dodge City. Good gracious, folks. The vast majority of folks do not carry a firearm and when I see one who does -- or when I do at the sketchy boat ramp -- nobody says a word and there's no trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by coot nasty View Post
    Not sure but I do know SC has ruined about 45 other states during duck season lol
    I LOL'ed
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

I just learned that
    South Carolina,
    Illinois
    Florida
    California
    New York

Are the 5 state that prohibit open carry.

All SC legislators should be voted out for their $$$ grab. Fuck em
    Windows Down!

Default Open carry will become law.

This was a token bill, a bait and switch to actual CC like Tennessee just passed. I don't know one gun owner that wanted this bill.

There was another chance to vote for and the House voted no. Here are the names. IMG_9715.jpg

Rita Allison
    William Bailey
    Nathan Ballantine
    Bruce Bannister
    Lin Bennett
    Jeff Bradley
    Case Brittain
    Micah Caskey
    Neal Collins
    West Cox
    Heather Crawford
    Vic Dabney
    Jason Elliott
    Cal Forrest
    Craig Gagnon
    Kevin Hardee
    Bill Herbkersman
    Lee Hewitt
    Max Hyde
    Jeff Johnson
    Jay Jordan
    Mandy Kimmons
    Randy Ligon
    Phillip Lowe
    Jay Lucas
    Sandy McGarry
    Tim McGinnis
    Steve Moss
    Chris Murphy
    Brandon Newton
    Weston Newton
    Bill Sandifer
    Garry Smith
    Mark Smith
    Bill Taylor
    Anne Thayer
    Ashley Trantham
    Jay West
    Brian White
    Chris Wooten
    Bill Whitmire
    Richie Yow

These 42 RINOs voted for Constitutional Carry on 4/7/21, then voted against Constitutional Carry on 5/12/21 (H.3094, motion to table Amd. 4a).

See the House full voting history on constitutional carry here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...54&single=true
    Last edited by Bigtimber2; 05-13-2021 at 06:41 AM.

And BigTimber2 gets the Edward R. Murrow award?
    At least I'm housebroken.

He has my support.

At least I'm housebroken.

On the bright side, I don’t have to call my rep and cuss him or take his seat. ��

But it looks like I got few customers I need to talk to.
    Windows Down!

Bigtimber

Seriously?

You are going to praise the ones who nearly screwed up open carry?

Can you count?

25 democrats voted for the constitutional carry amendment. Do you know why? (of course you do)

To poison the bill.

Why did only 23 republicans vote for it? Because if more had they would have killed it and we get nothing.

Why do you want to pick on the republicans that saw through the democrat plan? We had the balls to stand up for a win. WE stood up for gun rights and got what was available. We are thanked by being attacked by You and your "gun rights" group.

I voted for constitutional carry many times and helped lead the fight. Am I the one you want to criticize because I voted save the bill. The 68 rlegislators who passed constitutional carry deserve better. We would have preferred to pass CC but it was not an option. I won't bore you with the procedural box we were in or the hours and hours of being called a racist.

But you would rather INSULT AND THREATEN 2nd amendment supporters who saw democrats were doing... You would rather get nothing.

You would rather kill this bill. You would have rather kill 2nd amendment sanctuary, pay $50, and continue to be at risk when your concealed gun peeps out from under your clothes. You would rather deny people the right to openly carry like 45 other states can.

Two separate bills passed the house. One for open and one for constitutional. Both went to the senate. What happened?

The senate voted 25/21 against the constitutional carry amendment a week ago. You got your list of senators to work on.

But you choose to make malicious threats towards the house members who voted for constitutional carry. That behavior may well hurt the cause. Instead of building loyalty you have decided to attack members of your own team. We share a foxhole and I have to look out for bullets from you.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Bigtimber

Seriously?

You are going to praise the ones who nearly screwed up open carry?

Can you count?

25 democrats voted for the constitutional carry amendment. Do you know why? (of course you do)

To poison the bill.

Why did only 23 republicans vote for it? Because if more had they would have killed it and we get nothing.

Why do you want to pick on the republicans that saw through the democrat plan? We had the balls to stand up for a win. WE stood up for gun rights and got what was available. We are thanked by being attacked by You and your "gun rights" group.

I voted for constitutional carry many times and helped lead the fight. Am I the one you want to criticize because I voted save the bill. The 68 rlegislators who passed constitutional carry deserve better. We would have preferred to pass CC but it was not an option. I won't bore you with the procedural box we were in or the hours and hours of being called a racist.

But you would rather INSULT AND THREATEN 2nd amendment supporters who saw democrats were doing... You would rather get nothing.

You would rather kill this bill. You would have rather kill 2nd amendment sanctuary, pay $50, and continue to be at risk when your concealed gun peeps out from under your clothes. You would rather deny people the right to openly carry like 45 other states can.

Two separate bills passed the house. One for open and one for constitutional. Both went to the senate. What happened?

The senate voted 25/21 against the constitutional carry amendment a week ago. You got your list of senators to work on.

But you choose to make malicious threats towards the house members who voted for constitutional carry. That behavior may well hurt the cause. Instead of building loyalty you have decided to attack members of your own team. We share a foxhole and I have to look out for bullets from you.
    It's all BS. I'm sick of hearing about the "long game" of getting a half ass measure passed. Why not all or none?

I'm not directing this at you personally but to every politician that voted. As to the 2nd amendment sanctuary again it's bs. Let the Feds cut off State money and see how long that lasts.
    Last edited by ADP; 05-13-2021 at 10:59 PM.

Rep Lowe understands the political game.

Many commenters here don't seem to understand the political game.

I am not an all or nothing kind of guy.

Rep Lowe, ... Thank You.

To my own Rep and Sen, whom both I have a continued personal relationship with, ... Thank You.

You win the War by understanding your opponent and continuing to win the Battles.

Mr Lowe, even though you are far away from being my personal Rep, Thank You again for continuing to take the heat and then continuing to come back here and converse...There are few Rep's or Sen's that give a damn about anything related to our precious outdoors and fleeting lifestyle.
    Last edited by Swift Strike; 05-14-2021 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    My "republican" senator voted against CC. You could almost hear him shed his skin as he tried to explain how good he thought he was and the reasons he gave for voting against CC. The funny thing is, he wouldn't have the conversation with me before the vote, but tried to explain his way after the vote. For the low country people that are represented by Sean Bennett, shoot him an email and call him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Strike View Post
    Rep Lowe understands the political game.

Many commenters here don't seem to understand the political game.

I am not an all or nothing kind of guy.

Rep Lowe, ... Thank You.

To my own Rep and Sen, whom both I have a continued personal relationship with, ... Thank You.

You win the War by understanding your opponent and continuing to win the Battles.

Mr Lowe, even though you are far away from being my personal Rep, Thank You again for continuing to take the heat and then continuing to come back here and converse...There are few Rep's or Sen's that give a damn about anything related to our precious outdoors and fleeting lifestyle.
    My, and my family’s lives, are not a fucking political game.

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.
    Last edited by Jozie & Me; 05-14-2021 at 05:39 AM.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

The fact that people pay the government to carry a gun is beyond me.

Fuck a concealed weapons permit.

Go behind the Beacon in Spartanburg and see how many gun toters have a nice little “permit”.
    Windows Down!

DT who asked for open carry it was a token bill.

Voting for CC after the deadline was bs. All of this was by design.

Dt. Yall should have forwarded two bills to senate. One CC and the other open carry with cwp. Then let the people see who votes for what. The way it was done does not paint a good picture of our “representation”.

The point is a lot of people do not want their names on a list subject to a freedom of info request. Aka whom to come get them from.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post

Thanks DT for your efforts but I agree with this post 100% I think the feeling is that this whole idea that politics is a game is what just pisses people off. Politicians should get in there and do their damn job like the rest of us have to do and quit playing games with our rights and money.

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post