Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Open carry will become law.

Default Open carry will become law.

The amended version of open carry passed the house with 2nd amendment sanctuary state.

There is no fee for permit.

25 rounds are required for the accuracy test.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Hot Dam
    At least I'm housebroken.

Nice!!!!
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

need to get me a new holster for the smith 629 now i guess. Maybe a western rig with leg tie for the 45 bisley
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Does this mean I get the 50.00 back I just sent SLED for my CWP renewal?
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

No permit required but you do have to pass an accuracy test. Lulz.

So I’m confused. I have a cwp. Do I have to take some additional training to open carry? When does this take effect?

I, too, am confused. I have a Constitution. Will I be required to do something additional that some yahoos in Columbia believe that they have the power to supersede or nahh?

The snow flakes will be scared to death now.
    "The bird possesses a remarkable ability to turn arrogance into hopelessness." - Tom Kelly

"Some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters." - Archibald Rutledge

Quote Originally Posted by w33kender View Post
    No permit required but you do have to pass an accuracy test. Lulz.
    No... The permit is free.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

I, as others, am confused as well. Hopefully he will break it down a little better later in the evening. I don't see why if you have a CWP you would be required to take any additional training.

So it doesn’t matter that I hold a cwp....I have to take another accuracy test? Where do I go to do this? Who certifies my accuracy? So I’ll get another permit that’s free for open carry?
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 05-12-2021 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    Does this mean I get the 50.00 back I just sent SLED for my CWP renewal?
    Will I ever get my new card?

I sent my payment in early March and haven't seen anything.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    So it doesn’t matter that I hold a cwp....I have to take another accuracy test? Where do I go to do this? Who certifies my accuracy? So I’ll get another permit that’s free for open carry?
    I think he's saying the cwp test requirements changed from 50 rounds to 25 rounds. It sounds like if you already have a cwp you're fine.

It's not free if you have to go take a test. Or carry a little card with you. That's called loss of freedom. It costs freedom. Freedom > money

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    I think he's saying the cwp test requirements changed from 50 rounds to 25 rounds. It sounds like if you already have a cwp you're fine.
    I believe you are correct, and moving forward the carry permit is free as charging for it creates discrimination for those who cant afford it. BUT, I imagine instructors will still charge for the class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great, can't wait to play dress up down on main street.
    Gonna shine my boots up and strap on a 4" Blackhawk in a crossdraw holster, a 3" 686 in a strong side OWB and a 6" 586 mexican style.
    Top it off with a bandoleer full of .357 magnums and a Stetson.

Pretty as a peacock....
    Last edited by scatter shot; 05-12-2021 at 01:36 PM.

I don't think CWP changes except only 25 rounds of ammo wasted. The permit to carry open is free.

Constitutional Carry was again introduced in an amendment and vote down by RINOs and Democrats.

Not directed at you, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    if you already have a cwp you're fine.
    I am fine now, thanks. Enjoy your nanny state though...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    I don't think CWP changes except only 25 rounds of ammo wasted. The permit to carry open is free.

Constitutional Carry was again introduced in an amendment and vote down by RINOs and Democrats.
    People keep mention the permit to open carry like it is separate from cwp. If cwp still costs money and the open carry permit is free, I’m just going to open carry. This is confusing as hell. I first thought that open carry would be allowed for cep holders but it sounds like there are 2 different permits.

If there is just one carry permit, what will it be called? Are there 2 different permit classifications?
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 05-12-2021 at 01:41 PM.