Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ISO pocket 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    i tote a smith 360 in my front pocket. forget it's there. Id rather have 5 357's than 7 9's anyday
    Im not against a revolver at all. I do like .357 have a few 6” versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    i tote a smith 360 in my front pocket. forget it's there. Id rather have 5 357's than 7 9's anyday
    Im not against a revolver at all. I do like .357 have a few 6” versions.

Quote Originally Posted by tjm84 View Post
    To me, in front pocket, nothing carries better than a j frame.. a used air weight should be easy to find at a fair price. I haven’t found a 9mm I like pocket carrying.
    I have carried a Jframe of one flavor or another for a long time. 642,442, 638 or similar. For years I toted a model 60 and reluctantly went to an Airweight. Great pistols for the designed purpose. Won't be long distance target shooting with one , but the guns weren't designed for that.

I put VZ grips or Eagle Secret Service grips on mine, load with +P 135 grain Gold Dots or some all lead 158 grain SWCHPs and roll.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

IMO you won't find a gun that fits your need better than an LCP.

If your pockets are big enough a j frame is hard to beat.

93362F03-376F-4A44-9100-EEFADB71FE72.jpgGlock 26 with an Alabama pocket holster. I carry everyday and I prefer this holster much better than any iwb or owb holster. I also like the 26 over the 43 ain’t much difference in size in my opinion. I’ll like more ammo for myself I carry an extra mag as well in my other pocket
    Last edited by Jtemp71; 05-12-2021 at 07:02 PM.

I would just keep looking for a DB9.

Get a 380 for that

Springfield Hellcat

S&W PC Shield (ported with FO sights).

Version 2.0 is nice, but I'm not ditching my original for something larger and 2 more rounds. If I wanna carry something bigger than the Shield, I have plenty of other options.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I had a sig p238, .380, and still regret selling it. They have a 9mm p938 that I’d like to get one day. It is sings action only so you have to carry it locked and loaded
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    S&W PC Shield (ported with FO sights).

Version 2.0 is nice, but I'm not ditching my original for something larger and 2 more rounds. If I wanna carry something bigger than the Shield, I have plenty of other options.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    My Shield 1.0 in a Sticky holster fits perfect in the back pocket of my jeans.
    Otherwise, I carry it OWB at 3 o'clock. Perfect gun IMO. I added Truglo TFO night sites and a Crimson Trace laser to it.
    Last edited by scatter shot; 05-12-2021 at 08:20 PM.

So i carried my shield for a few days the last week trying to get used to it. Well today Duckcutter found me a used Ruger LC9 in Greenwood so i ran by Gradys to see if they had one i could try in my pocket before making the drive. They had a LC9S but i just didn’t like the fit. But one of the guys said man we just had someone bring in a never fired LCP with 2 mags. Well for $225 it will fill the void untill I can find a DB9. Thanks for trying to help me out Michael.
    2940C927-D2FF-4C02-9A2A-1A8CA106C0E3.jpg

I've got a Shield and an LCP. The LCP is so easy to carry comfortably that the Shield has getting neglected. If I got in a gun fight, I might wish I had the Shield or full size M&P, but for riding on the tractor and playing around the farm, the LCP is comfortable enough to keep on my hip. Hell, the LCP is comfortable enough to take a nap on the couch with it on my hip. The Shield stays in the bedside drawer or truck console. I think a .380 will discourage most bad guys.

Db9 is basically a Glock 43. I got one for my wife a few years ago.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I regret selling my lcp, I never carried it as a primary but it was a perfect back up gun.

I love that the OP said he wanted a gun smaller than a Shield, but everybody except the LCP mentions suggested guns the same size or larger.

The LCP is fine for a small gun if that's all you have room to carry. Just shoot it enough to make sure it's reliable, and use FMJ ammo... The barrel is really too short for it to get enough velocity to ensure reliable expansion. But I have one that I use as a back up, or when, as mentioned, the clothing doesn't allow for bigger.

I DID have Innovative Arms put real sights on it (including a tritium front) years ago, not sure if the do that anymore. Made it MUCH easier to shoot accurately, and I feel comfortable with it to 15 yards.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    I love that the OP said he wanted a gun smaller than a Shield, but everybody except the LCP mentions suggested guns the same size or larger.

The LCP is fine for a small gun if that's all you have room to carry. Just shoot it enough to make sure it's reliable, and use FMJ ammo... The barrel is really too short for it to get enough velocity to ensure reliable expansion. But I have one that I use as a back up, or when, as mentioned, the clothing doesn't allow for bigger.

I DID have Innovative Arms put real sights on it (including a tritium front) years ago, not sure if the do that anymore. Made it MUCH easier to shoot accurately, and I feel comfortable with it to 15 yards.
    Conveniently im a machinist by trade so I have already been thinking about puting some night sights on it. Actually mentioned it last night and my wife said “for God sake can you not own anything without having to cut it or make it to your specs?” I just laughed and kept googling sights.

Quote Originally Posted by Briar View Post
    Springfield Hellcat
    I love my hellcat, but trying to figure out how to carry it concealed isn't always the easiest and I'm just not a huge fan of tucking my shirt in over it. Already gotta go over my belly as well so that just cramps everything up

Quote Originally Posted by adamb61085 View Post
    Conveniently im a machinist by trade so I have already been thinking about puting some night sights on it. Actually mentioned it last night and my wife said “for God sake can you not own anything without having to cut it or make it to your specs?” I just laughed and kept googling sights.
    I set both of my LCPs up in my drill press and drilled a small hole into the front sight post and used a toothpick to dab a little high visibility paint in the hole. Not much, but it's better than it was and was very easy.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.