Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone catching offshore?

If I had tried that, the pole would’ve broken, the fish would’ve gotten away, and somehow the hook woulda been in my thigh.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    #improvisedlandingequipment
    Good for them, that guy went completely out of his way to grab my stern line the other day(and no I didn't need help)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Bottomed our a 50lb scale doesn’t they hung him on the deer scale. They were fishing out of Charleston, we also did ok out of Edisto.
    F6883D0A-F46C-4CF9-9D43-A9B254F6D366.jpg
    84D6B052-53DD-416A-ADCF-1CA9474BCF14.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    Good for them, that guy went completely out of his way to grab my stern line the other day(and no I didn't need help)
    ?
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Ah hell meant to reply to bog, heard the chugger caught a grown one the other day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tugted312 View Post
    108lb wahoo
    Would love to see a pic of that one if you have it...

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    Ah hell meant to reply to bog, heard the chugger caught a grown one the other day.
    Guessing mid 60s.

Who grabbed your stern line?
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

it wasnt me even though I am an offshore fishing SOB.

bog--purple headed bream ready for you....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I’m ready when you are!

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Would love to see a pic of that one if you have it...
    Go on the Tolers Cove Instagram page. It’s on there. Certified scale

Buddy caught a 60 lb dolphin yesterday and didn't declare a fish day for the tournament... Seems like alot of big dolphin out there right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tugted312 View Post
    Go on the Tolers Cove Instagram page. It’s on there. Certified scale
    I think I would have to get a mount of that one!
    DILLIGAF

Default UPDATE, Anyone catching anything offshore?

So we went, seas was pretty calm, left at 5AM, lines in the water about 7:20, first bite at 7:30, about a 40lb mahi, then about every 15 minutes another one, most in the 25-30lb range, had one slinger, 2 skipjacks. Several times we had 2 on at a time. Bites were steady til about 10:30-11:00 then slowed down. Closed out with last fish at about 12:30, we drug lines til 2 and came back in. Calm seas let us run in and out at a fast speed. Until 12:30 we didn't have to wait more than an hour for a bite. Closed out with 15 mahi and 2 skips, lost 2 somethings for some reason. It was a good trip, 5 of us split a pile of meat for the freezer. Get out there if you have a chance

sorry I dont know the fancy offshore lingo bro
    Last edited by Frank1; 05-18-2021 at 09:55 AM.

20E09E6C-F689-4FC1-A4F1-961CB8A2DC09.jpg
    We found some, not as big as some others did, but had a solid day. Left the fish early for an anticipated long ride home, but ended up making good time.
    If you give 10 people a bag of gold, someone will complain about how heavy it is!

Nice haul!

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    Supposed to fish a dolphin tournament this weekend if the wind will cooperate. Really don't feel like taking a beating. Need 180 gallons of fuel... This might be the larger obstacle. This may slim the fishing herd for a bit. Glad I had 400 gallons dropped at the house last Friday to top of the tank!!!
    You end up fishing? I couldn’t go out yesterday and our boat came in 3rd.

Good day for sure yesterday. First trip out for my new boat, ended up with two offshore rookies and myself due to late cancellations. Lines in at 7:15 in 250', first bite at 7:45, marlin crushed a green/yellow Iland sailure...on a TLD 25. Quickly ran off 3/4 of a spool before we could give chase...pure shit show as my newbs ended up binding most of the other reels due to not guiding line. Ended up having to hand off the rod to fix the mess they made...gained back half the spool and fought the fish from the bow. Dolphin all over the boat while we were fighting, ended up sneaking a 20lber in on topwater during the fight. Got the leader for the first time 90 minutes in, fought the fish from 10 feet to 100 feet for the next 30, got leader one more time, but just couldn't get him to give up. At 2 hours, I tightened the drag to full, and we popped him off at 10', didn't want to risk killing him and wanted to get back to the dolphin. Unfortunately no great pics as we were shortstaffed for the affair, mostly a big blob 5-10 feet down. Did get a full breach/tail walk at 20' in the last half hour but no cameras out. Best guess was around 300 lbs.

Got back to the dolphin and found a nice, but short weed line in 325 feet...managed to loose 3 of the first 4 due to various newb errors, but started honing it in around 11 when the wind kicked in. Quickly built from 3' to 5', had to slow motor up the line, then turn and troll back...picked up at least a pair of dolphin every pass. Had a 50lber on, but buddy pushed the drag to full without me noticing and he popped off. Had 6 in the box but had one buddy chumming so we decided to start trolling in expecting a long ride in, picked up two more in 300', and the last fish at 150'.

Final tally 1 blue, 9 dolphin, most in the 25lb range. Would've been an easy 20+ fish day with a crew, probably only had all lines out 5% of the day.
    Last edited by duckcrazed; 05-18-2021 at 12:25 PM.

Where are you guys catching all these 20-30lb dolphin??

Default Anyone catching offshore?

Quote Originally Posted by bitesize View Post
    Where are you guys catching all these 20-30lb dolphin??
    Must be wearing fish goggles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by flopduster; 05-18-2021 at 01:22 PM.

we caught 8 sunday and they were bigger than normal.....lost a grown one (40 ish) at the boat due to some busch league behavior. the others were in the 10-20 range.
    \"Go to Know\"