Thread: Big Tiller

Default Big Tiller

I have a 99 Mercury 40 59cu inch that is currently console steering, anyone have a yamaha or merc big tiller they would like to sell? Will also have the cable controls for sale once i swap

Not sure how much you know about them but a Yamaha tiller will have to have the throttle gear reversed to work on the Merc. Prayers sent on finding the old style Merc big tiller since it discontinued last year. The new style will work fine but they are $800+.

If you decide to go a different path I have a factory 59” merc tiller I would let go of.

Quote Originally Posted by Gone South View Post
    Not sure how much you know about them but a Yamaha tiller will have to have the throttle gear reversed to work on the Merc. Prayers sent on finding the old style Merc big tiller since it discontinued last year. The new style will work fine but they are $800+.

If you decide to go a different path I have a factory 59” merc tiller I would let go of.
    Which new mercury big tiller works for the 59” mercury motors though?
    A fish bites 2 times a day, right before I get to the water, and as soon as my boat gets back on the trailer.

As long as it has shift and throttle cables it will work. (No fly by wire). Bought mine through a distributor back in 2018 right before they discontinued and replaced by the new style. I had to make an adapter from billet to make mine fit. If you can find the guy on Facebook on some of the tiller pages he sells turn key tiller setups, Nicholas David Metrejean. He has the new merc style and converts the Yamaha big tiller to fit Mercury too

Okay. Thanks for the info.
    A fish bites 2 times a day, right before I get to the water, and as soon as my boat gets back on the trailer.