Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bob Baffert Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    There's always more to the story.

Said a guy working in the stable peed on the hay one time, house ate hay, tested positive for something the guy was currently taking. Almost too much for coincidence, but still not outside the realm of possibility.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    I've heard this story before. I believe it came from Pickens county .....and his following gobbled it up like grandmother's blueberry pie.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 05-10-2021 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    I've heard this story before. I believe it came from Pickens county .....and his following gobbled it up like grandmother's blueberry pie.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    When the test can basically detect one grain of salt in an olympic size swimming pool, I could buy that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Why not test before the race?

Oh, probably because there wouldn't be a race...
    Cause no one wants to answer to the sponsors why there's 3 empty gates at the race's start. Shoot now, all questions later.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

And also cause who cares if the horse that finishes last pops positive for augmentabartinon.

Last edited by willyworm; 05-10-2021 at 02:36 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

It was the poppy seeds...I swear

Horses should be treated like college athletes. Pay 'em, juice 'em up and let 'em run. If everyone is juicing then it's a level playing field.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Horses should be treated like college athletes. Pay 'em, juice 'em up and let 'em run. If everyone is juicing then it's a level playing field.
    Glenn gets it
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

heck yeah, horses on meth going at it.
    I'd pay good money to watch that

They say cheaters never win. Dabo*, Lance*, and Baffert's* bankers maniacally laugh at that old saying...

Bob Baffert comes clean in Medina Spirit scandal
    By Peter BotteMay 11, 2021 | 12:39pm | Updated

Hay is for horses, but it turns out not to be the likely reason Kentucky Derby winner Medina Spirit tested positive for a banned substance.

After previously insisting that Medina Spirit had not been treated with betamethasone — the anti-inflammatory medication the horse tested positive for after winning the first leg of horse racing’s Triple Crown on May 1 — Hall of Fame trainer Bob Baffert revealed the probable cause of the failed test.

Bob Baffert blames ‘cancel culture’ for Medina Spirit’s positive steroid test
    In a statement released Tuesday by his attorney, Baffert acknowledged that Medina Spirit had been treated for dermatitis during the week leading up to the Derby with the anti-fungal ointment Otomax, which he claimed to be unaware contained betamethasone until he was informed on Monday.

“While we do not know definitively that this was the source of the alleged 21 picograms found in Medina Spirit’s post-race blood sample, and our investigation is continuing, I have been told by equine pharmacology experts that this could explain the test results,” Baffert said in the statement.

In a media appearance on Monday, the 68-year-old Baffert said he once had an overage stemming from a horse eating hay in a stall that had been urinated on by a groom who had ingested cough medication containing the banned substance.

Medina Spirit arrived in Baltimore on Monday, although Baffert has yet to be informed if the horse will be permitted to run in Saturday’s Preakness Stakes, the second leg of the Triple Crown.

“I intend to continue to investigate and I will continue to be transparent. In the meantime, I want to reiterate two points I made when this matter initially came to light,” Baffert said. “First, I had no knowledge of how betamethasone could have possibly found its way into Medina Spirit (until now) and this has never been a case of attempting to game the system or get an unfair advantage.

“Second, horse racing must address its regulatory problem when it comes to substances which can innocuously find their way into a horse’s system at the picogram (which is a trillionth of a gram) level. Medina Spirit earned his Kentucky Derby win and my pharmacologists have told me that 21 picograms of betamethasone would have had no effect on the outcome of the race. Medina Spirit is a deserved champion and I will continue to fight for him.”

https://nypost.com/2021/05/11/bob-ba...814.1601153650

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    They say cheaters never win. Dabo*, Lance*, and Baffert's* bankers maniacally laugh at that old saying...

Bob Baffert comes clean in Medina Spirit scandal
    By Peter BotteMay 11, 2021 | 12:39pm | Updated

Hay is for horses, but it turns out not to be the likely reason Kentucky Derby winner Medina Spirit tested positive for a banned substance.

After previously insisting that Medina Spirit had not been treated with betamethasone — the anti-inflammatory medication the horse tested positive for after winning the first leg of horse racing’s Triple Crown on May 1 — Hall of Fame trainer Bob Baffert revealed the probable cause of the failed test.

Bob Baffert blames ‘cancel culture’ for Medina Spirit’s positive steroid test
    In a statement released Tuesday by his attorney, Baffert acknowledged that Medina Spirit had been treated for dermatitis during the week leading up to the Derby with the anti-fungal ointment Otomax, which he claimed to be unaware contained betamethasone until he was informed on Monday.

“While we do not know definitively that this was the source of the alleged 21 picograms found in Medina Spirit’s post-race blood sample, and our investigation is continuing, I have been told by equine pharmacology experts that this could explain the test results,” Baffert said in the statement.

In a media appearance on Monday, the 68-year-old Baffert said he once had an overage stemming from a horse eating hay in a stall that had been urinated on by a groom who had ingested cough medication containing the banned substance.

Medina Spirit arrived in Baltimore on Monday, although Baffert has yet to be informed if the horse will be permitted to run in Saturday’s Preakness Stakes, the second leg of the Triple Crown.

“I intend to continue to investigate and I will continue to be transparent. In the meantime, I want to reiterate two points I made when this matter initially came to light,” Baffert said. “First, I had no knowledge of how betamethasone could have possibly found its way into Medina Spirit (until now) and this has never been a case of attempting to game the system or get an unfair advantage.

“Second, horse racing must address its regulatory problem when it comes to substances which can innocuously find their way into a horse’s system at the picogram (which is a trillionth of a gram) level. Medina Spirit earned his Kentucky Derby win and my pharmacologists have told me that 21 picograms of betamethasone would have had no effect on the outcome of the race. Medina Spirit is a deserved champion and I will continue to fight for him.”

https://nypost.com/2021/05/11/bob-ba...814.1601153650
    I tried compiling a list of things I care less about than this and still have a blank piece of paper.

You could be the new KRT of horse drawn carriages now that we ain't got no gas. Time to crank up that buggy whip factory...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    You could be the new KRT of horse drawn carriages now that we ain't got no gas. Time to crank up that buggy whip factory...
    12 weener dogs pulling a one man wagon while I wield a broad sword would send people fleeing into their dwellings with respect and fear.

Horses?! Those walking sacks of dog food are for disney movies and virtue signaling rich people.

You want to show folks you mean business?

Weener dogs of war is the only way.