Thread: I thought leftist were tolerant

Default I thought leftist were tolerant

So my daughters best friend moved to TX within the last year. New school, covid etc. Her friend sent her a text today saying she was about to cry. Long story short, her "new" friends in TX found out she was conservative and left her sitting at the lunch table. They apparently couldn't be friends anymore. Needless to say the "conservative" one already new her "friends" were left leaning, and was there friend regardless. So sad... I have some friends that left leaning. We never speak politics, but we would be there for each other in a heartbeat.

Must be Austin.

I’d happily send every liberal I know to a re-education camp.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    Must be Austin.

Just outside of Houston.

Why school age kids are even concerned with politics blows my mind. Between sports, girls, hunting, fishing, surfing, where to party on Friday and Saturday night, I never had time for politics at that age. Childhood is too short to be worried about political BS.

What they get beat in their heads by most teachers at a young age. What carolinadrifter said. Hell I never gave a shit. To busy racing cars, hunting, fishing and just having fun. Sad world we living in for future generations I fear.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

It’s sad that people are like that, but anyone who would act like that isn’t a friend you would want anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    What they get beat in their heads by most teachers at a young age.
    Replace teachers with parents.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadrifter View Post
    Why school age kids are even concerned with politics blows my mind. Between sports, girls, hunting, fishing, surfing, where to party on Friday and Saturday night, I never had time for politics at that age. Childhood is too short to be worried about political BS.
    This! Hell, I'm an adult and I don't have time for it. I still do all those things except I'm just chasing one girl around our house now! Life's way to short.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Wait until they pay taxes.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    Must be Austin.

Californians are moving there in droves. The state is now close to being split.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk