Thread: LPVO Opinions

Default LPVO Opinions

Anyone running a low powered optic (anywhere from 1-4 thru 1-8) that they would recommend?

Looking at the nightforce nx8 1-8x, but want to be sure before I pull the trigger. This will be my first real scope purchase and want to make sure I do right. My family and friends have always been big nightforce and S&B groupies, I want to make sure I’m not missing anything.

Purpose is to be able to shoot from 10yds thru 300 yards quickly. I want it to be as close to true 1x at lowest power possible and red dot daylight bright.

I’ve kicked around the vortex razor 1-6, but if I’m dropping 1300 on a vortex, I’d rather spend the extra bit and get the nightforce with additional 2x zoom and fantastic quality that I already know. But that’s only if it’s actually worth the extra bit. Also considering red dot with flip up mags, trijicon credo 1-8, maybe the eotech vudu.

Thanks
    Last edited by abarill; 05-07-2021 at 10:30 AM.
    Never confuse enthusiasm for capability

You’re going to be disappointed in a RDS with magnifier when comparing to it to the magnification of an LPVO. Vortex’s new 1-10 is supposed to be hot stuff. Get the LPVO, and an offset/piggyback MRDS if you decide you don’t like the 1x
    Last edited by wskinner; 05-07-2021 at 04:35 PM.

I have a 1.5-8X42 S&B Stratos D7 on a Bavarian Carbine, I love that entire setup.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

That eotech vudu is nice. I strongly considered getting one a few years back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just put a Trijcon 1-4 on a customers rifle. I'm really impressed with it I'll probably pick up a couple for myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

IMO The Razor is a better scope than the NX8. Shot both a good bit and the Razor glass wins hands down. The newest version the GenII E is a good bit lighter as well. 6X with good glass will get you to 300 and beyond easily, and first focal really doesn’t matter because below 5-6x the subtensions are too small to use. You will have to spend a good bit more to beat the glass in the Vortex. You also don’t need an RDS. The center dot is daylight visable and at 1x the field of view is more than large enough.
    Last edited by FLS; 05-07-2021 at 08:35 PM.

Geez, I put a sig whisky 3 2x7x32 on my 300bo pistol and was pretty impressed with it for deer hunting. You guys are spending real money.

Just got back from the range. I had my Razor and my buddy has his NX8. Side by side , the Razors glass is better. The controls on the NX 8 are better for dialing distance if you want or need to. We were shooting steel out of 500. No problem hitting a 66% IPSC with either, even with a good bit of mirage and wind.

I got to look through and mess with the new Vortex 1-10x the other day and it was very nice. The view at 1x with the illumination all the way up was red-dot...ish.... Visually, when set around 1.2-1.3 the image was flatter and closer to 1x scale to me. 1x had some fishbowl. 10x and FFP was nice for stretching it out. We had both the MOA and the MIL reticles.

I may bite off on one. I have a 50% Vortex discount coupon burning a hole in my pocket. And I'm gathering parts for a 7.62 AR-10 build that it would go well on.

I also have a Leupold Mark 6 1-6x on an AR-15. I love that optic (CMR-W 556 reticle).
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Kahles K18i with 3GR and don't look back. I've had the gambit (aside from S&B), to include the NF and Vortex/LOW crowd and its the best.