Thread: Sticks and stones...

Default Sticks and stones...

...but words may get you arrested...

Officers arrested the woman after the incident on suspicion of false imprisonment, battery, use of offensive words and willfully threatening an individual based on their perceived characteristics, the alert states.
    Berkeley police officers arrested a suspect on suspicion of a hate crime and other alleged offenses following an incident that occurred April 18.

On the evening of the incident, officers responded to a disturbance near Delaware Street and McGee Avenue, according to a Berkeley Police Department Nixle alert. The incident involved a driver of a package delivery service and another driver, identified as a 35-year-old Berkeley woman.

The alert added that the woman and her partner followed the package delivery driver when they thought “the package delivery person (was) driving too fast in the area.”

The woman and her partner proceeded to confront the package delivery driver on the 1700 block of Delaware Street, according to the alert, and then used force and “hateful language disparaging” people of color to prevent the driver from leaving.

Officers arrested the woman after the incident on suspicion of false imprisonment, battery, use of offensive words and willfully threatening an individual based on their perceived characteristics, the alert states.

https://www.dailycal.org/2021/04/27/...ged-hate-crime

Since when did the use of offensive words become a crime?
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    Since when did the use of offensive words become a crime?
    When the “Hurt Feelings Gestapo” took over.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

It's Berkley County, CA for chrissakes.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

The world is missing out on a lot of ass whippings.
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1

Quote Originally Posted by ndbrown213 View Post
    The world is missing out on a lot of ass whippings.
    This right here. I think everyone has the right to disparage anyone they want to, but once they open that door... they cant complain when someone teaches them proper manners.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I’ve had LEOs charge a defendant with disorderly conduct for cussing the cop out and calling him names even though case law says it isn’t a crime.

If talking shit is a crime, Im fooked!

Quote Originally Posted by CofC Waterfowler View Post
    I’ve had LEOs charge a defendant with disorderly conduct for cussing the cop out and calling him names even though case law says it isn’t a crime.
    And that LEO should be charged with false imprisonment.