Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freshwater Gator vs. Saltwater Gator

Gators are for boots and belts.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodiewacker82 View Post
    Gators are for boots and belts.
    Agree. People should not feel they need to eat one just to get the enjoyment of the hunt...

I’ve killed my one & got the head to show for it. Freezer died & lost the meat & I’m not sad about it. I’ve killed a few out the Cooper & they smell to high heaven. I’ve got no desire to get another tag, but would help someone if need be. Killing a big one was a bucket list thing for me. Next is a python hunt. Also I’m seeing people eat Iguana now

Quote Originally Posted by Tugted312 View Post
    I’ve killed my one & got the head to show for it. Freezer died & lost the meat & I’m not sad about it. I’ve killed a few out the Cooper & they smell to high heaven. I’ve got no desire to get another tag, but would help someone if need be. Killing a big one was a bucket list thing for me. Next is a python hunt. Also I’m seeing people eat Iguana now
    I watched a kid in Nicaragua bash an iguana with a rock and then they boiled it, thanks but no thanks.

I'd like to try Iguana.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    I'd like to try Iguana.
    I'd like to snipe them with air rifles.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

There's also a guy down there using his Drahthaar to specifically target them. The videos are pretty danged sporty.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    There's also a guy down there using his Drahthaar to specifically target them. The videos are pretty danged sporty.
    That dude is legit. I’d just be petrified to turn mine loose on those swamps. Mine is an idiot and too dumb to back down from a fight. He’d be gator bait in 5 minutes after picking a fight with one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Talking about python cowboy on Instagram? Heard he got some shit is why you don’t seem doing much python hunting anymore. It’s $250 for a 5hr hunt with some guides for pythons. The iguana hunting does sound fun thou.

Dont think I have heard of the python cowboy. I think I have seen his videos on a drahthaar group I follow.

DC, I dont think I have seen a gator in the lower keys. Not saying they're not there, just I havent seen them and I've looked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

I think I have seen his videos on a drahthaar group I follow.
    Follow a “drahthaar group” is suspect enough....throw in “the python cowboy” and , well, damn......