Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Much Ado Over a Paddling

Default Much Ado Over a Paddling

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/princ...135904316.html

“The hatred with which she hit my daughter, I mean it was a hatred that, really I’ve never hit my daughter like she hit her,” the girl’s mom told the TV station in Spanish. “I had never hit her.”

https://twitter.com/i/status/1388753368030617600

Lord jail would be full of teachers & principles if they saw the ass cuttin's i received... Momma woulda got life!

I don't think I made it an entire elementary school year without a trip to the office for some corporal punishment. My parents were always on the school's side and I usually got in more trouble when I got home.

In high school, detention was janitorial duties after school. I could mop that cafeteria like no one else.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

That wasn't hatred - it was love.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Regardless of the benefits that corporal punishment has, what rock have those administrators been living under that they thought doing that was a good idea? That is picking up a downed power line level stupidity on their part...

Paddlings corrected an issue in about a thousandth of the time it takes to discipline a student in today's schools. Thirty seconds compared to days served in in-school suspension after perhaps an hour of investigation.

Kids today are amazed that forty years ago junior high/middle school kids took themselves to the lunch room, recess, and class after those events without being walked in a straight line under a teacher's watchful eye. We had more freedom because we had more skin in the game; if you and your buddies screwed around, asses were gonna sting.

My HS Shop teacher had a cutdown canoe paddle with 1" holes drilled in it. He carved " Manners" on the handle of it. He taught quite a few of us some with the damn thing.

One thing for sure, a lot of us who got taught manners got a reminder when we got home. Mrs. Burt ( our School Secretary) had to call home and let a parent know we got a "constructive advisement" . My ol Pops wasn't bashful about meting out some corporal punishment.

I lived. Barely.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

If you didn't have shorts and sneakers in gym class, you were put on the half court line. "Touch your toes." CRACK! Our gym teacher was former airborne and stayed in shape like he was going to jump out of a plane the next day. A paddling from him always hurt whether you were the first on the line or the kid at the end of the line.

I'm gonna name the paddler - since the Statute of Limitations has run.

Thanks Mr. Futterman. You kept me out of prison.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

My mom whipped me in her room with whatever she had. By the time my sister and brother finished elementary school she was a principal and they got it with the paddle if needed. I should have received a check from Anderson 1 for working in the cafeteria on my days with ISS.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

"I'm only doing this because I love you" still gives me goosebumps
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

I got my last paddlin spring of my senior year. Mr Griggs told me I was the leader and I wasn’t leading by example. I may have been accepted to college but others might have not. My coasting was poor leadership.

Of all the paddlings I got through the years, that one meant the most. I still remember it 36 years later and use it as an example when teaching leadership. Unfortunately, I can’t duplicate it.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

When I was growing up this worked most of the time but today I think it would be more impactful to whip some of the parents out here.

Dang.

Whip is a very unpopular term...
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodiewacker82 View Post
    When I was growing up this worked most of the time but today I think it would be more impactful to whip some of the parents out here.

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    My mom whipped me in her room with whatever she had.
    I was about 5 or 6 years old & me & momma were in Rose's one day. I took off to the toy isle & found what i wanted & hunted her down in the store. I found her talking to one of her friends. I rudely butted in about the toy i had in my hand. She told me to go put it back. Apparently I didn't like that answer. I remember her saying, "excuse me one sec" to Ms. Alice. She reached over & took a bath robe off a hanger. These were wire hangers, not the plastic shit we have today. She had me by one arm & I was hitting high knees in circles. When she let me go, she told me to go put the toy back & get my ass in the car. I was like a blind kid feeling my way back to the toy isle. I still get a tic when I pass a Rose's dept store.

My mom checked the NO box on the green card. She didn’t want someone else spanking us. I think she just didn’t want to be deprived of the privilege.

You know, I don’t recall a single week in middle school without getting a paddling. Often multiple time a week. 15 licks at once was the most I ever made up to, lol.

Don’t remember any in HS. Dr Brumbach was more of a psychological warfare kinda guy. I think I spent more time in his office than he did, lol. Damn I loved that man. Firm but fair. There’s really nothing more that you could ask for.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    "I'm only doing this because I love you" still gives me goosebumps
    I used to think that "This hurts me more than it does you..." line was the biggest crock of shit until I had kids of my own.