Thread: DelMarVa Reports?

Thinking about hooking up the boat next week and trying a little eastern shore gunning. Does anyone have any recent information as to duck numbers, water conditions, etc? I sho' 'nough would appreciate it.

Find out for yourself, you damn lazy ass internet scouter! [img]graemlins/fu.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I had an ant farm once......them fellas didn't grow shit.

This is what we've been covered up with on the Potomac

After these were in the blind, we had 200 toll up the long lines just off the corner of the blind. Passed on several gimme shots since the birds were silhouetted against the sun and a positive id wasn't made until they just passed shooting range.
    "The real reason fish jump - they don't have a middle finger!"

Awesome Cans!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice Work

Nutz, [img]graemlins/fu.gif[/img] !

Bonndoggle,
    How much ice do you all have up that way? Way to go on the Cans. I would love to put a few on their backs in the decoys.

Back bays, coves and edges were frozen (1.5 - 2") yesterday but it's warming up over the next couple of days so it'll prolly melt...which sucks.
    "The real reason fish jump - they don't have a middle finger!"

Thanks for the info, Bonndoggle!

So thata where the birds went. I was headed up that way, dad said the blinds were covered up with blackheads and cans. Three days later they were all gone. I'm planning on heading up that way in two weeks. BTW we hunt around St. George's on the Potomac, we also have blinds on the Wicomico and Patuxent.

you hunt the wicomico? we need to trade stories. that is my stomping grounds.

ever been to dynamite ditch?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

This is the first year they've gotten blind sites on the Wicomico. (I haven't hunted it yet) I'm planning on heading there the 19 through 23 though, I'll let you know if we hunt it. My dad and his friends have 10 blind sites, but most are back in St. George's Creek.

just got a call from my guys up there....

two blinds on flatty creek. total of 4 black ducks, 4 teal, 3 bufflehead, one mallard.

one of the blacks was double banded with a reward.

lucky fuckers.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

My pops told me they still were killing teal up that way...unbelievable. As soon as I hear the cans move down I'm packing.

The teal were certainly still in MD a week ago. We scratched out a few, missed some fly-bys, and so on. Saw lots of bufflehead, a few goldeneye, and some scaup as well, missed a few and knocked down a couple. Had a pretty good time over all and a nice mixed bag. Got a couple pintails for the wall.

Cool, public water?
    The only man to ever get all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.

Yep, hunted WMAs, spent one afternoon on big water, but the ducks we bumped up never returned. Watched 'em come in to roost as we were leaving, pretty cool. We would have done better sticking with the one area we had most of our scouting time in, but wanted to see some new areas. Found a couple that look promising for future trips...

The cans and blackheads just got down in bigggg numbers wednesday or thursday. The Patuxent is absolutely loaded right now. Saw a diver tornado at one point. There was about 5,000 rafted up in one group that got up and flew into a cove, Awesome sight. We got on'em real good Friday and Saturday. Trying them one more time on Monday then headed back South. Every pond under 10 acres is frozen solid up here. Lots of mallards and black ducks pushed out to the big water, but they're hanging too close to the shoreline to kill. Will post reports and pics when I get back.