Thread: Hen and Poults

Default Hen and Poults

I found a

with a bunch of these running in the grass around her.

I also found a dead poult that I think was killed by crows - they had already started pulling it apart. I don't mind shooting crows, especially fish crows.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

I sure hope they have a good nesting season this year. I didn’t see many Jake’s this year. Last year we had a decent amount of Jake’s.

Go to Youtube watch the interview with Dr. Mike Chamberlin. He is the wild turkey expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    Go to Youtube watch the interview with Dr. Mike Chamberlin. He is the wild turkey expert.
    Changing the subject I know, but there was a documentary posted on here one time from ETV about a guy who incubated and raised turkeys. It was very interesting.

Had about 18-20 hens out back, along with a few jakes and Toms, over the Winter. Have had one Tom killed by the landowner next door and only one jake still hanging around. Have no idea where they all went and none will get knocked off by me this year. The jake gets to stick around and do his best.

Haven’t seen any poults.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    Changing the subject I know, but there was a documentary posted on here one time from ETV about a guy who incubated and raised turkeys. It was very interesting.
    Illumination in the Flatwoods. One of my favorite turkey books. A good read even if you aren’t a turkey hunter.

Came upon a hen just a few hrs ago with 8 poults in the highway. First I’ve ever seen em during season in my area. Southern Spartanburg county. They were tiny. Like 2-3 in 1 hand tiny.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

We had some freshly hatched poults on our place today. Saw a couple of jakes and then shot a gobbler. Full circle kind of day.

Quote Originally Posted by FULLCHOKE View Post
    Illumination in the Flatwoods. One of my favorite turkey books. A good read even if you aren’t a turkey hunter.
    Yep, and when PBS did the made for TV it was titled "My Life as a Turkey". Never read the book, but the PBS show/movie was very interesting.

Illumination is a great book and the movie is decent as well
    "some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters"-Archibald Rutledge