Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sequoia vs Land Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by ersepton View Post
    We ended up on a Sequoia. At the end of the day it is just bigger. My wife and I both have widowed mothers who travel with us often, and at this stage of life, it just fit the Bill a little better.
    Let’s talk about where this land cruiser is then... may fit the bill to replace the tundra.

Interesting to read the comments as I just sold a 2019 4wd platinum sequoia w/ 8k miles.

We liked it, but coming from a 2015 Escalade, it was missing a lot of the bells and whistles we had gotten used to. Not to mention the 6.2L beast.

I liked the Sequoia for daily use and road trips, but it did not tow the 6000lb boat as well as the 6.2GM.

It did everything we asked of it well.

Gas guzzler is an understatement. FN ridiculous.

I'm looking at 2012-2018 suburbans, yukon xl denalis, and yes- a LC or Lexus LX 570. The 8 speed transmissions on the 6.2GM seemed to have some issues; maybe it's a GM thing? But the 2018's went to a 10 spd. i think the pre 14 or 15's were 6 spds and have proved more reliable.

I have a $35k limit as I'm done dropping 60k+ on a 2nd or 3rd vehicle that sit 90% of the time.
    Double Secret Probation Officer

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    LC hands down. LC is a totally different animal than the Sequoia, much better built.

Anyone comparing a Denali to a LC doesn’t know shit from shinola. The Denali’s an overpriced, soccer mom grocery getter. The LC in stock trim is one of the most capable off-road vehicles out there and built to last. Your GM is built for a 5-10yr service life, the LC is built for a 25yr service life and weighs almost 900# more than the GM POS.

So I don’t know shit from shinola? I assume that’s directed at me. The technology alone is far better in GM. Off road, sure LC wins but not in a landslide. But I’m talking 80k dollar vehicles. Not hunting vehicles. I think you had a bad GM a couple years ago, I’ve had one too. Every name has issues and will continue to do so.

To the op, sequoia for the space with kids and hauling stuff to and from. I may have read you went that direction as well. Enjoy!
    Go Tigers!!!

LC wins off road in a landslide over a gmc/chevy suburban or tahoe. I own both, drive in both daily, it’s really not close. My 2003 100 series drives better than my wife’s 2017 Suburban in my opinion as well.

And to make it better, my 2003 LC, 1990 LC, and 1979 LC all aren’t too far away in resale value, if not worth more, than my wife’s Suburban.
    Last edited by huntinghagen#12; 05-04-2021 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    LC wins off road in a landslide over a gmc/chevy suburban or tahoe. I own both, drive in both daily, it’s really not close. My 2003 100 series drives better than my wife’s 2017 Suburban in my opinion as well.

And to make it better, my 2003 LC, 1990 LC, and 1979 LC all aren’t too far away in resale value, if not worth more, than my wife’s Suburban.
    Those are worth more because they’re more sought after vehicles. 2017 suburbans are a dime a dozen. Well, they were Pre pandemic. You have quite a collection of badass LC’s.
    Go Tigers!!!

Give me a comfortable Yukon any day
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

LC is just a better built truck than anything else in its class...like the man said they are expedition built rigs expected to run with regular maintenance for 30 fucking years....if you suck at off roading get some GoTreads
    At least I'm housebroken.

This thread has gotten incredibly off track, which is to be expected. As close as my wife gets to “off road” is running two tires in the grass as she puts her makeup on taking the kids to school. For us, it really came down to her decision. She chose the Sequoia. With the mileage on it, I think it will serve us well for 5 years or so until she gets tired of it and wants something else. At that point we should still have relatively low miles, and it should provide a decent trade value on the next one.
    I would have picked the Land Cruiser if it were me driving it, but it’s not. Happy wife, happy life.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Nitz View Post
    LC is just a better built truck than anything else in its class...like the man said they are expedition built rigs expected to run with regular maintenance for 30 fucking years....if you suck at off roading get some GoTreads
    While that’s true, 95% of Americans don’t keep a car much past 5 years so they don’t need something to last 30 years. I guess that’s one if the reasons they’re discontinuing it. They’d rather have the bells and whistles because they ain’t keeping it past 100k miles anyway

Just changed the oil on my son's 4Runner and my Sequoia last night and thought about this thread. The oil in each smelled great. We use pure Mobil 1 synthetic "high mileage" and Mobil 1 or K&N filters. My truck is at 202k and my son's is at 245k. I want the larger 5.7 engine but I really like the aesthetics of the 1st far more. That 100 extra hp would be nice for towing and the mileage is the same, BUT you have to deal with the bland looks of the gen 2. What say you on the looks of Gen 1 vs Gen 2? MG
    Dum Spiro Spero