Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sequoia vs Land Cruiser

Default Sequoia vs Land Cruiser

For argument sake, if you were to pick between a 2016 Sequoia Platinum with 68,000 or a 2014 Land Cruiser with 130,000 miles and they were the same price, which would you pick and why?

To me the sequoia doesn’t ride as well. Not awful just not as well.

Sequoia hands down if the 3rd row is needed. The second row captain chairs in the sequoia platinum to me seem better for road trips.

Just my opinion. Just traded an 18’ platinum sequoia for a 20’ LC.

Land Cruiser.

Better interior, better ride, much better resale value and it will still be in demand years down the road.

Cousin just sold a LC. It was a 2019 with 30,000 miles. His Denali was a hell of a lot nicer. He lost 6 grand if that tells you anything.
    Go Tigers!!!

And it will be in demand for sure as already stated. I believe they are done making them this year.
    Go Tigers!!!

What are you looking to use it for?

My wife and hauling the kids around and family vacation the sequoia.

For yourself and getting around town the land cruiser.

We enjoy the sequoia with captains chair. It awesome for carrying the kids and extra folks. I think it drives well for the size it is. I wouldn’t need the third row, so a land cruiser would be my pick. I often look at them for swapping at my tundra.
    Last edited by TJ_11; 04-30-2021 at 09:51 PM.

I drive a Tundra, this is for the wife. She has a very short commute. 2 kids, often have cousins or the kids friends. Both are still in car seats/boosters. One year old will be for a while.

Same situation we are in. Sequoia.

Sequoia for hauling kids. Especially if you have to deal with car seats.
    cut\'em

LC have stupid resale value. Friend just sold her early 2000’s model with 350k plus on it. Got 6500 and they didn’t bat an eye at price.

A 200 series Land Cruiser is a beast of a vehicle.

I will let her make the final decision. I’m leaning LC, she’s leaning Sequoia. We stay on the go and travel pretty often. At this stage of life that includes strollers, pack n play, portable high chair and all that other crap. There’s no denying that the Sequoia has more room.

LC if it were my choice.

I have owned six Sequoias and drive one everyday, love them but if they were the same price, I would buy the LC for resale value if nothing else. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

LC hands down. LC is a totally different animal than the Sequoia, much better built.

Anyone comparing a Denali to a LC doesn’t know shit from shinola. The Denali’s an overpriced, soccer mom grocery getter. The LC in stock trim is one of the most capable off-road vehicles out there and built to last. Your GM is built for a 5-10yr service life, the LC is built for a 25yr service life and weighs almost 900# more than the GM POS.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I love LC's. I did get an opportunity see one get pulled out of the sand by a...GASP....Ford, this past weekend on Hatteras. Buried to the axles....guess all that off-road advantage only goes so far with driver ability.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    Land Cruiser.

Better interior, better ride, much better resale value and it will still be in demand years down the road.
    yep
    At least I'm housebroken.

We ended up on a Sequoia. At the end of the day it is just bigger. My wife and I both have widowed mothers who travel with us often, and at this stage of life, it just fit the Bill a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by Elcid_Fowler View Post
    I love LC's. I did get an opportunity see one get pulled out of the sand by a...GASP....Ford, this past weekend on Hatteras. Buried to the axles....guess all that off-road advantage only goes so far with driver ability.
    You're supposed to deflate your tires in sand....or...you....dig down to your axles.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Love our Sequoia. Had it since new & my kids aren’t small. We’ve been all over with it. It tows great, hauls ass, but does like fuel. Only thing I’ve done is change the oil, filters, brakes & rotors. 125k miles on it so far