Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: bidens speech

Quote Originally Posted by natec duck View Post
    I definitely agree there. The goal is to screw as many people as possible but under the flag of taxing the rich.

Not directed at you but my whole point was that taxing people that own the majority of the country’s assets is just a tax that will be passed along to the common man, who seem to be cheering on this tax the rich rhetoric.
    And I’d agree with that. I’d also add that for public companies, they are so tied to the stock market they can’t not pass on the tax increase to the end customer.

Quote Originally Posted by ShortMagFan View Post
    I think you are mistaken about how much money employees of law firms, investment banks, medical practices, etc can make. Certainly not all of them.

You are correct that many business owners make that kind of money too. But the idea that it’s the exception that W-2 employees make that kind of money is just incorrect
    Agree to disagree. We have to stretch to come up with scenarios or think of people we know that are wage earners that just barely squeak into the 1% who aren’t business owners. As mentioned $550k is the minimum, the average is $1.5MM. Meaning W2 earners are definitely the exception.

If you know someone that makes $1.5M on a salary I would like you to introduce them to me because I obviously need some career tips.

I definitely agree there. The goal is to screw as many people as possible but under the flag of taxing the rich.

Not directed at you but my whole point was that taxing people that own the majority of the country’s assets is just a tax that will be passed along to the common man, who seem to be cheering on this tax the rich rhetoric.
    Another thing that backfires in increased regulation and oversight. Fun fact - A carton of cigarettes cost about $3 to make. A typical distributor will only make a couple bucks selling a carton. The rest is taxes and other fees that drive the price to where it is. Stuff like that is a direct tax on the poor and middle class. Same with gas prices to a certain degree.
    Last edited by Remy; 04-29-2021 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    Another thing that backfires in increased regulation and oversight. Fun fact - A carton of cigarettes cost about $3 to make. A typical distributor will only make a couple bucks selling a carton. The rest is taxes and other fees that drive the price to where it is. Stuff like that is a direct tax on the poor and middle class. Same with gas prices to a certain degree.
    Exactly. If the gov comes out with new regulations for a certain industry, and those regulations don’t add value that customers are willing to pay for, the price of that item has just increased in proportion to the cost of the new regulations with no benefit to the customer.

Listened to the first 20-30 minutes. Sounded very moderate and as though he was trying to appeal to the center. The comments about the internet, covid, vaccines, and cancer were definitely chest pounding moments. Really seemed vanilla and soft.

What I found off was the mention of not buying foreign and buying US goods. Where the hell are we going to get US made goods?

Takeaway from my short listen:

He's soft
    He's trying to appeal to the gen pop
    if China owns him, then we will buy American from China.
    Get your vaccine
    Double Secret Probation Officer

Agree to disagree. We have to stretch to come up with scenarios or think of people we know that are wage earners that just barely squeak into the 1% who aren’t business owners. As mentioned $550k is the minimum, the average is $1.5MM. Meaning W2 earners are definitely the exception.

If you know someone that makes $1.5M on a salary I would like you to introduce them to me because I obviously need some career tips.

I'm looking forward to tax planning when the new big government decides taxing the uber rich didn't work because they already spent that money. They will be coming for the other 99% then.

The definition of rich will change. Rich will be everyone who makes more than above average. It's divide and conquer.

Default bidens speech

Quote Originally Posted by scdiver View Post
    I'm looking forward to tax planning when the new big government decides taxing the uber rich didn't work because they already spent that money. They will be coming for the other 99% then.
    Yep, we have seen they view $150k family or $75k individual salary and high income.

They will drive income disparity to an even higher level. Those that are frugal, saved instead but toys, avoid car payments, planned for the second home purchased in down market will lose the highest percentage.
    Last edited by Bigtimber2; 04-30-2021 at 06:55 AM.

At least I'm housebroken.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    The difference is "they" tell you up front what their goal is and they keep their campaign promises unlike republicans everyone keeps voting for who shift hard right during election time then smarmy their way back to the middle/left afterwards and never follow through with their promises of lower taxes, less government etc. And this includes trump. Yet here "WE" are hoping the same party that has lied to and jilted us ad nauseum will come rescue us in 2022. And "WE" will vote for them once again and as always they'll pull the football right before we try and kick it.
    Ya'll read this again. Maybe it'll stick this time.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Under Trump no major wars, my taxes were reduced, tariffs helped increased my salary. He turned the focus away from the Middle East to China where it should be. (Now Kerry spies for Iran). North Korea calmed down. Peace accords in the Middle East. Record low unemployment. Manufacturing coming back. Immigration slowed. I can also name his missteps but he was still along away better for the middle class Trump, 10 fold better than Hillary. So while no savior will ever come around one can certainly be better than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    The difference is "they" tell you up front what their goal is and they keep their campaign promises unlike republicans everyone keeps voting for who shift hard right during election time then smarmy their way back to the middle/left afterwards and never follow through with their promises of lower taxes, less government etc. And this includes trump. Yet here "WE" are hoping the same party that has lied to and jilted us ad nauseum will come rescue us in 2022. And "WE" will vote for them once again and as always they'll pull the football right before we try and kick it.
    Glenn has a very big brain

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Under Trump no major wars, my taxes were reduced, tariffs helped increased my salary. He turned the focus away from the Middle East to China where it should be. (Now Kerry spies for Iran). North Korea calmed down. Peace accords in the Middle East. Record low unemployment. Manufacturing coming back. Immigration slowed. I can also name his missteps but he was still along away better for the middle class Trump, 10 fold better than Hillary. So while no savior will ever come around one can certainly be better than the other.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    But, but, he was a meany & hurt people's feelings on Twitter. Damn I miss him!

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    But, but, he was a meany & hurt people's feelings on Twitter. Damn I miss him!
    Every single day. I still would like to see Kristi Noem in the mix, as she has some business background and seems to be in touch with reality and how 95% of Americans actually live.
    cut\'em