Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Missing Boaters on Clark’s Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    It ain’t to you and it ain’t to me, but nobody on those boats knew they were watching those two guys die. Not making excuses for them, just telling the truth.
    I can agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    Not saying anyone should have jumped in, but to stand there and continue filming instead of trying to help in some way... well that just ain't worth a chit...
    Group mentality sometimes gets you. Everyone else thinks someone else will do something. Down at Edisto during one of the tournaments a man fell off a boat, too intoxicated to swim. There was probably 30 people standing around screaming and pointing but did nothing. I had to push my way through to jump in before the man was washed under the dock and boats.
    I don't belive in miracles, I rely on them.

It ain’t to you and it ain’t to me, but nobody on those boats knew they were watching those two guys die. Not making excuses for them, just telling the truth.

I think you are spot on with this.

Never understand why folks that can not swim will be on a boat or even wade out in a river/lake and then family looks shocked they drown

That was pretty tough to watch. I can't imagine watching my friend drown and I can't imagine how the person felt that pushed him in
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

What will the dumb ass that pushed em be charged with? Looks like he had some type of flotation but lost it.

The lost flotation looked like an auto inflate that was improperly worn and it immediately came off.

Tough to watch knowing the outcome. Sad.

Can’t believe those on the boat weren’t trying to throw them something....another life jacket, throw cushion, seat cushions, cooler... something....dammit man.

Watched a video a couple years ago that forever changed what I'd do if I saw someone drowning. Guy trying to help went down with him.

why in Gods green earth do you people want to click that link?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNSON View Post
    Dad was a lifeguard all through high school and loved snorkeling caves and such. Strong swimmer.

I watched him save my grandfather from drowning on Murray in December of 1990. I could not figure out why it looked like my dad wouldn’t touch him and fought him away until later. I remember my dad saying that if Pap had grabbed him they both would have drowned. My dad was able to get him by the back of his shirt and drag him back to the boat. I’ll never forget it. Drowning people are desperate and will kill you.
    This, you have to get them from behind (grab shirt if they have one on or get them in a 1/2 nelson) or get close and hand them flotation.. Took lifesaving as an elective at ECU and on the outer banks, notice lifeguards on the beach have those small orange plastic buoys with them when they swim. Person's natural instinct is going to cling onto you and if they get the bear hug on you then you are whipped
    Last edited by ecu1984; 04-28-2021 at 08:48 AM.

Why not just drive boat up to em & let em grab on? Too stupid to do anything but they can damn sure operate that cell phone.

The lost flotation looked like an auto inflate that was improperly worn and it immediately came off.
    It looked to me like those floaters kids wear on the arms. That’s why I think it came off so easy
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Why not just drive boat up to em & let em grab on? Too stupid to do anything but they can damn sure operate that cell phone.
    spot on

It appears the boats were tied up together. So I'm pretty sure that seemed like an impediment to driving the boat back to get them. And based on the actions of those on the boat, it doesn't seem like anyone understand the seriousness of the situation until it was too late. Add in alcohol to the situation and people ain't thinking straight.

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    It looked to me like those floaters kids wear on the arms. That’s why I think it came off so easy
    That was my first impression as well, but once it separated and was floating away it looked like the bladder of an auto inflate.

That was my first impression as well, but once it separated and was floating away it looked like the bladder of an auto inflate.
    looks like bicep floaties like a toddler wears in a wading pool

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post

Never understand why folks that can not swim will be on a boat or even wade out in a river/lake
    Isn't that like saying "people who can't wave their arms and fly shouldn't get on airplanes?

I've often questioned my sanity for flying. The panic subsides after a visit from John Barleycorn.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    looks like bicep floaties like a toddler wears in a wading pool
    Might be, I ain’t watching it again.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    why in Gods green earth do you people want to click that link?
    what he said.
    At least I'm housebroken.