Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hunting Public is Dangerous

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    And he did not go to look for the bird, or in this case, the man? That doesn't sound right.
    He was shot at around 25'. When he fell down and started yelling the shooter hauled ass. I wasn't there, but I've known the fella that was shot for quite a while, and he feels like the shooter was trying to scare him by shooting over his head. The actions after the accident (incident?) are incredibly strange, with the shooter refusing to help afterwards.

Just very strange.
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

if not charged he better find a damn good place to hide....just saying cause Karma is gonna come looking!

This doesn’t sound a bit like dumbassedness but attempted murder. Refusing to give aid could be viewed as evidence towards intent. Malice.

There is more than enough there for manslaughter. How the heck has dude not been charged? He gets off Scott free as a accident? Reckless action that leads to death is manslaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by FULLCHOKE View Post
    The worse part is, he stumbled his way a ways back out to the road and ran into another hunter walking out and asked for help and said that he'd been shot.

Said hunter said "I know, I was the one that shot you" And then continued not to be a help at all.
    The favor would have been returned that very moment if it were me. That’s why I don’t set foot in public woods or water on days that start with “S”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Hunting Public is Dangerous

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    I never can understand how someone could shoot a person while turkey hunting.

Even if you hear a gobble you have to distinguish a hen from a gobbler.
    Nobody can. Happens every day. This is why we can reap on public. Surely he wasn’t reaping was he? The fact he just walked off still blows my mind. There’s plenty of hollows his ass would disappear in. He fired the first shot, that makes it self defense. His ass would be eating a #9 TSS sandwich. They would have to identify him from his teeth found in yore scat. ACCOUNTABILITY. if they don’t have it, you give it to them.

Last edited by TXFowler; 04-27-2021 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    If true, fuck that other hunter.

I don't know how these things happens as is, but how do you not help?
    Because it probably wasn’t an “accident.” Knowing people nowadays, he probably shot him because they were working the same gobbler.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    There is more than enough there for manslaughter. How the heck has dude not been charged? He gets off Scott free as a accident? Reckless action that leads to death is manslaughter.
    Fella isn't dead. Therefore, no manslaughter charge would be warranted.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    The impression I got it was a fuck you shot over the head (He was walking a creek bed) for screwing up the shooter's hunt.
    Guess his pattern isn’t as tight as he thought...

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    Fella isn't dead. Therefore, no manslaughter charge would be warranted.
    Yeah, your right. I was thinking about attempted murder. I was thinking since there are different degrees of murder are there different degrees of attempted murder?
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 04-27-2021 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Usually experience hunters doing something they have done dozens of time. Here a gobble then something walking toward them and never verify. Never think I cannot happen to you.

My buddy's shot a guy stalking up on his decoy wearing a red scarf like Jackie Bushman with a rope pouch to hold mouth calls. Except they too him to the ER. He cussed them all the way.
    Crawling with a red scarf....sounds like a great idea in the turkey woods!

Quote Originally Posted by TXFowler View Post
    Because it probably wasn’t an “accident.” Knowing people nowadays, he probably shot him because they were working the same gobbler.

Until they start locking these stupid sum bitches up, they’re gonna keep doing stupid sum bitch things.

It’s very dangerous. Especially in Sumter National Forest.

I would rather hunt in Fallujah.

Marcellis Wallace and some hard core n*****s with blow torches need to get hold of that POS
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Marcellis Wallace and some hard core n*****s with blow torches need to get hold of that POS
    Ima call a couple of hard pipe hittin cats to go to work on the homes here...with a pair of pliers and a blow torch.
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 04-27-2021 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    Ima call a couple of hard pipe hittin cats to go to work on the homes here...with a pair of pliers and a blow torch.
    I was way off. But either way the point is the same. I hope the pos gets effed up
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.

Default Hunting Public is Dangerous

Quote Originally Posted by TXFowler View Post
    Crawling with a red scarf....sounds like a great idea in the turkey woods!

The shooter was not charged. But his homeowners paid a civil suit.

The DNR reacted the scene like with most cases. They waited 6 months to charge the guy that killed a father and a daughter on a man drive.

OT: Still funny to read what some would do. Hopefully they they never end up in court.
    Last edited by Bigtimber2; 04-27-2021 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by britton40 View Post
    It’s very dangerous. Especially in Sumter National Forest.
    And the guy who got shot has been hunting that area longer than I have been alive.

All it took was one idiot to probably ruin that spot for him for the rest of his life

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    The shooter was not charged. But his homeowners paid a civil suit.

The DNR reacted the scene like with most cases. They waited 6 months to charge the guy that killed a father and a daughter on a man drive.

OT: Still funny to read what some would do. Hopefully they they never end up in court.
    That is what’s wrong with this country. Dillon roof shoulda never saw another sunrise. We need swift justice. Old Testament justice. Then people will tjink twice about doing dumb shit