Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting Public is Dangerous

Default Hunting Public is Dangerous

Heard a Man got shot on Sumter national last Saturday around union.

It’s been crazy how many people are hunting now, I see them on the way to my lease.

I had a guy slide in on my lease from public today, dumbass came to my Yelp.

Stay safe
    Windows Down!

He is a family friend. Was not a good situation. Close range to the face and upper body and the guy who shot him did not try to render aid. He is a very experienced turkey hunter, it can happen to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by FULLCHOKE View Post
    He is a family friend. Was not a good situation. Close range to the face and upper body and the guy who shot him did not try to render aid. He is a very experienced turkey hunter, it can happen to anyone.
    Rumor has it the shooter tried to run?

Luckily he didn’t have TSS.
    Windows Down!

Quote Originally Posted by raybird View Post
    Rumor has it the shooter tried to run?

Luckily he didn’t have TSS.
    Copper plated #6's I what I was told. I hope he had it together enough to remember specifics. I'd make it my lifes mission to find that sumbitch and return the favor.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I never can understand how someone could shoot a person while turkey hunting.

Even if you hear a gobble you have to distinguish a hen from a gobbler.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

The worse part is, he stumbled his way a ways back out to the road and ran into another hunter walking out and asked for help and said that he'd been shot.

Said hunter said "I know, I was the one that shot you" And then continued not to be a help at all.

The worse part is, he stumbled his way a ways back out to the road and ran into another hunter walking out and asked for help and said that he'd been shot.

Said hunter said "I know, I was the one that shot you" And then continued not to be a help at all.
    WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!??????????

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

[QUOTE=FULLCHOKE;2868965]The worse part is, he stumbled his way a ways back out to the road and ran into another hunter walking out and asked for help and said that he'd been shot.

Said hunter said "I know, I was the one that shot you" And then continued not to be a help at all.[/

Hard to wrap my head around that interaction.

Seriously?!?!?!?
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    I never can understand how someone could shoot a person while turkey hunting.

Even if you hear a gobble you have to distinguish a hen from a gobbler.
    I don't understand how anyone gets shot hunting period. You have to be a total idiot to shoot someone hunting. If you get so excited that you can't tell what you're shooting at, you need to find another hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Copper plated #6's I what I was told. I hope he had it together enough to remember specifics. I'd make it my lifes mission to find that sumbitch and return the favor.
    They got him. I think he’s gonna be charged
    Windows Down!

If true, fuck that other hunter.

I don't know how these things happens as is, but how do you not help?
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by raybird View Post
    They got him. I think he’s gonna be charged
    You have a link? PM if you dont want it public.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Reason number one why I was asking about a new lease opportunity. Scary shit

Don't know if you can blame it all on public, seems like more often than not the people involved are in the same hunting party.

The impression I got it was a fuck you shot over the head (He was walking a creek bed) for screwing up the shooter's hunt.

This could happen on the finest of private land leases and not just WMA. Friend or foe, in-law or outlaw. Folks with or without permission to hunt there could be shooter or victim.

I agree with Gut Pile. Not rendering aid is horrible.

There would have been two people with gunshot wounds at that point
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    There would have been two people with gunshot wounds at that point
    You know the guy that was shot.
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Mobetter View Post
    You know the guy that was shot.
    I do?
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.