Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fishing Docks

Don’t touch my shit. Fish all you want to. Catch every one there is, but don’t touch my shit! If your tied up under a bridge catching a crappie every time you drop a minnow, I’m not tying up yo your boat. Don’t tie up to my dock! Now I’m poor and don’t own a dock, but if I did, that’s what I would feel about it!
    Last edited by ersepton; 04-26-2021 at 09:19 PM.

Upstate New York and would bet money on it.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

If you asked him to untie from the dock just because you could then you are the jerk. If you were trying to back a boat out, move a boat, or getting ready to fish yourself off the dock then I’d be on your side, but it sounds like you were just being a jerk and asking him to untie

Quote Originally Posted by Smilee View Post
    Ever thought about it like this?

You never know what someone has been through that day or why they are where they are. He might have finally gotten a day off and wanted to fish. Got to the lake and trolling motor battery crapped out. Left the anchor at home. So he tied off to a dock.

Not making excuses but sometimes folks aren’t trying to get over on someone else.
    Yeah I thought about your post for about one second and concluded it’s bullshit. What difference does any of that make? I’ve driven to the lake before bought bait, not minnows, but herring and had trolling motor battery dead, more than once. Didn’t mean I decided to make piss poor decisions like tying up to someone’s dock while they’re on it. I got my shit together and went home. Does having a bad day excuse your behavior? Why not ask if you could tie up if your hypothetical bullshit had happened? If it did and you asked me I’d say sure. If not I’d ask you to not tie up also.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

There are some great docks to tie off to on Keowee, and when the crappie are stacked up in there, they are stacked! Tie off fore and aft. Make a day of it. Hell, climb the hill and ask for a couple dollars while you’re at it.

Docks are private property. Unless something is wrong with your boat, or you are caught in a storm, someone is hurt, etc., they should be considered off limits.

Quote Originally Posted by jevans View Post
    If you asked him to untie from the dock just because you could then you are the jerk. If you were trying to back a boat out, move a boat, or getting ready to fish yourself off the dock then I’d be on your side, but it sounds like you were just being a jerk and asking him to untie
    If it ain’t yours, leave it alone. Fish around it until your heart’s content. But if you don’t pay for it or repair it when it needs, don’t tie up to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ha. jenks, you're a dick and an asshole.
    but that doesnt have anything to do with this situation.....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

When you see someone breaking the law, is it unethical to ask them to stop?

this forum has grown, I haven't read "it must be nice" yet
    Last edited by Highstrung; 04-27-2021 at 06:42 AM.

I was at my place on Hartwell today and some dude fussed at me for tying off to my own dock. The nerve of these people...lol
    Molon Labe
    HRCH Coal's Sparkleberry Cache MH

Must be nice, Skimp!

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    ha. jenks, you're a dick and an asshole.
    but that doesnt have anything to do with this situation.....
    This is probably the most accurate post on this thread

People that would say something about that situation will also install 2X4 wire to keep you from casting under their dock.

In Airport slough there are 2 or 3 docks in a row that have roped off their own area of the lake from the public.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I would never tie up to someone's dock without permission.

I wouldn't ask someone to untie from my dock if they were fishing, unless I thought it may damage my dock or I was about to use it or fish around it myself.
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    People that would say something about that situation will also install 2X4 wire to keep you from casting under their dock.

In Airport slough there are 2 or 3 docks in a row that have roped off their own area of the lake from the public.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    I can't believe that no one has cut the ropes or griped to Santee Cooper/DNR about it yet.

jpeg.jpg
    Last edited by wob; 04-27-2021 at 08:00 AM.

I'd tell someone to untie in a heartbeat. It's rude behavior and needs to be addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by jevans View Post
    Do you allow strangers to park in your driveway?

They can fish next to my dock all day and wouldn't bother me a bit. The water is public as we all know. If they asked to tie up, I would probably allow it. If they tied without asking (unless in an emergency or some other extenuating circumstance) then I would say something as that's rude. About like leaning against a man's truck who you don't know.

Are we not doing shots over the bow any more? Shit like that used to be acceptable.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Sinking lures/hooks into the pontoon cover/seats gets shots over the bow!
    Low country redneck who moved north