Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fishing Docks

Rules to get you by!

1. If it aint yours, don’t touch it without permission. Not with your hand, foot, bow line, dick or tongue.

2. Treat others the way you want them to treat you

3. Try to find the good in everything and everyone

4. Pray that the Lord heals the hearts of the wicked

5. In the words of bigbrother, “be prepared to kill everyone you meet”
    Last edited by Phone Man; 05-01-2021 at 07:05 AM.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by GMAC View Post
    I know some private docks that hold a lot of sheepshead. As far as I can tell, the owners don't even know they are there. At least for me, I can't catch them unless I tie off. Personally, I have a problem with the appropriation of tidal water that is otherwise public by dock owners. I mean, who the fk gives the owners of Pawley's Pier Village the right to declare a 300 foot "no surfing zone"?. So, I tie off if I feel like it. Sorry, just a stream of conscienceness rant.
    Probably the insurance company that will settle the lawsuit when some yum yum hits said pier, and sues aforementioned owners.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

i think any pilings set by man, not supporting a dock, should therefore be removed at the owners’ expense.
    -there is business potential in that.

or should all pilings hold the same protections as pilings supporting platforms? ��
    Last edited by DoubleSprig; 05-01-2021 at 07:37 PM.

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

Recently I got on county parcel ownership sites, Georgetown and Horry specifically, and I was amazed at the way some of the parcel maps went way out into the marsh and water on the inland side . Several tracts/ lots extend well past any land or marsh by several hundred feet. How much control does the owner have of that open water?