Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Playing hard to get

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    I'm hearing the resins and chemicals used to make a lot of piping etc comes from overseas and they are having a tough time shipping...who knows
    The freeze in Texas caused a bunch of issues with resin supply. The lines freezing in the refineries caused huge problems & still aren’t fixed.

Just got a call this morning. 7/16 osb fixing to go to $42. Ordered 6 trucks at $28 per sheet and felt like I was robbing someone. Pitiful
    Last edited by TheVisorGuy; 04-30-2021 at 10:32 AM.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Tugted312 View Post
    The freeze in Texas caused a bunch of issues with resin supply. The lines freezing in the refineries caused huge problems & still aren’t fixed.
    I have a customer in KY who's prepared for cold somewhat, yet they had something like 128 pipe ruptures.

Over seas freight has double recently, air freight more than tripled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    I have a customer in KY who's prepared for cold somewhat, yet they had something like 128 pipe ruptures.

Over seas freight has double recently, air freight more than tripled.
    Shipping is through the roof. The Suez issue is starting to show up now, however the ship had mainly items for IKEA, but the ships delayed caused big supply chain issues. Oil has gone up as well.

Cold rolled steel is in short supply too. Automakers, aerospace, appliance, etc. are taking a beating. Manufactures are begging Biden to lift the China tariffs but steel unions are begging to keep them. Steel companies are giving mid year perks to retain employees. Laborers are hard to find and much of the employee base is older especially in the rust belt. Commercial builders are taking a pounding too. Nucor stock has more than double since last year this time year.

China would like nothing more than crush the US Steel Industry and most of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Cold rolled steel is in short supply too. Automakers, aerospace, appliance, etc. are taking a beating. Manufactures are begging Biden to lift the China tariffs but steel unions are begging to keep them. Steel companies are giving mid year perks to retain employees. Laborers are hard to find and much of the employee base is older especially in the rust belt. Commercial builders are taking a pounding too. Nucor stock has more than double since last year this time year.

China would like nothing more than crush the US Steel Industry and most of our enemies.
    Nucor steady printing it out. Pretty sure by Q1 end this year they had surpassed 2020 goal. Have some friends that work there and I see the trains rolling out of there regularly loaded with steel product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lumber's hit another record high today going over $1,600