Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Playing hard to get

Default Playing hard to get

Goods/services are really getting tight as we all knew that they would with the supply chain being nuked over the last year+.

What formerly plentiful items are you finding hard to get or prohibitively expensive?

A few that have been lamented here-

Lumber
    Tier 1 bote motors
    PVC pipe/fittings
    ammunition
    New/used trucks
    rental vehicles (Hertz, Enterprise, etc)
    Entry level Staff/employees

What you got?

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Goods/services are really getting tight as we all knew that they would with the supply chain being nuked over the last year+.

What formerly plentiful items are you finding hard to get or prohibitively expensive?

A few that have been lamented here-

Lumber
    Tier 1 bote motors
    PVC pipe/fittings
    ammunition
    New/used trucks
    rental vehicles (Hertz, Enterprise, etc)
    Entry level Staff/employees

What you got?
    We're seeing indefinite back order on a lot of vital drugs and medications that will severely impact the way we are able to treat patients.

Electrical supplies
    Resin that is a key inherits at in a number of building materials

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    We're seeing indefinite back order on a lot of vital drugs and medications that will severely impact the way we are able to treat patients.
    Anything with foam in it.

Yeah, spray foam insulation.
    trex style decking

Insulation products are harder to get right now, the company I use to insulate houses isn’t doing any work for the general public right now so that they can keep enough inventory to keep their builders going.

It’s taking 14weeks to get vinyl siding once I order.

I’ve had a special door on order since December thats supposed to show up on a job today. I’ll believe it when I see it.

6-8 weeks for plygem windows, used to be 2-3.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Talked to a high-level person at Yamaha North America and he admitted that as a corporation made the decision last year when the pandemic first hit to stop production lines on everything. The thought among the C-level suite was that we were head for a 2008 recession but much worse. This was on everything from Yamalube, generators, motorcycles, and of course, outboards. With hindsight, they know and we know they were wrong. They are so far behind that (without belying my sources) cannot fulfill normal requests for goods and services for charitable events that they now would rather give cash or offer experiences with their professional fishing team members, both of which have never been offered to us before.

The second insight I was told firsthand is the microchip shortage that is/will have long-term effects on automobile/truck production. As of last Friday, Subaru has ceased all production in North America https://carbuzz.com/news/breaking-su...can-production due to this and my first-hand discussion was about Ford's and their trucks. It seems as if all of those chips come from China and they are nearly out. The local Ford dealership in Florence has four new trucks as of Wednesday and is making a decision on whether to hold them to use as "models" for people to see and rive to be able to order trucks for themselves when they come available.

Man buying cheap torque wrenches from Harbor Freight is one thing but allowing your company to be held hostage by China for its ECMs? I am not sure about that. I am not even getting to the paranoia that China has been caught putting tracker devices in IBM/Lenovo ThinkPads they supplied. Buckle up, it is going to be a wild ride. BTW Toyota planned for this and seem to be the only large automaker not affected by this: https://jalopnik.com/toyota-prepared...-di-1846641653
    Dum Spiro Spero

Anything in construction. Lumber, cabinets, sheetrock, drainage pipe, you name it

All that for an election...
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Liquor

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Liquor
    Blanton's
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Anything that has to do with getting outdoors. Kayaks, bicycles, campers, etc.... I have spoken directly with manufacturers that are hoping to either grow to meet the demand or level out to a normalcy by 2023.

Domestic lamb
    Domestic beef
    Domestic veal
    List goes on and on
    All super expensive and rising hard
    Quality issues throughout all
    U10 dry scallops cost 3.70 each!!

Trucks and drivers to haul loads. A ton of freight out there and not enough trucks to move it. Drivers are naming their price and getting away with murder in some lanes. Prepare to see that expense reflected downstream along with all the other things mentioned here.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Blanton's
    all of it, it is wildly difficult. it looks like we're about to go into a tequila shortage as well.

Home prices

Wait time for a table at 167
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

btw, five times so far I've been asked Nitro, in person, ha

I am going to see my local purveyor in a little while to see what is on the shelf.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

The radio just told me florists are expecting fewer flower choices this summer. But that was followed by “get your orders in early for mother’s day”..
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

Baled pinestraw that's not 2x norm price.
    Low country redneck who moved north