Thread: Florida Anti-Riot Law

Default Florida Anti-Riot Law

I like DeSantis.

"The law, which goes into effect immediately, grants civil legal immunity to people who drive through protesters blocking a road and allows authorities to hold arrested demonstrators from posting bail until after their first court date. The legislation increases the charge for battery on a police officer during a riot and adds language that could force local governments to justify a reduction in law enforcement budgets.

The bill allows people to sue local governments over personal or property damages if they were determined to have interfered with law enforcement response during civil unrest. It also increases penalties for protesters who block roadways or deface public monuments and creates a new crime, "mob intimidation."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/des...-bill-into-law

Hope he is ready to run for POTUS in 2024. May be a bit early for him, but he would be a damn fine candidate.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

My man!

The ambulance chasers in our state would NEVER allow this bill.

DeSantis is the man. I've always considered FL a northern shithole in the south, but he is showing conservatives how it's done. Hope he runs.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Seems like a good time to develop some brush guards with impaling gizmos.

Quote Originally Posted by everlast View Post
    DeSantis is the man. I've always considered FL a northern shithole in the south, but he is showing conservatives how it's done. Hope he runs.
    Have you ever been to Florida (not including Miami)?

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    Have you ever been to Florida (not including Miami)?
    I have. have family in cocoa and Orlando. Spent a lot of time there, and Naples, in my late teens and early twenties, but not in some years though. Lot of northern retirees and hispanics, but looking like much more conservative than I gave it credit for.

Rumble — Sheriff Grady Judd to the "millions" of people moving to Florida: "Welcome to Florida. But don't register to vote and vote the stupid way you did up north. You'll get what they got.”

https://rumble.com/vftwij-florida-sh...38QeIl-c2M3pHw
    Last edited by everlast; 04-20-2021 at 10:06 AM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Snow plows might become the new norm in FL
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

What about criminal immunity? Sounds like you can still be found guilty in criminal court.

Quote Originally Posted by everlast View Post
    Get out of the big cities and see if you still think it’s a “northern shithole”. Just as southern as anywhere in South Carolina. I’d move to Florida tomorrow if the company I work for would let me transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Hope he is ready to run for POTUS in 2024. May be a bit early for him, but he would be a damn fine candidate.
    The powers that be will have him DESTROYED before then.

its already started in the media.

There will be pictures of him at a 1960's lynching before its over.

We are in scorched earth time in our country's history. Liberals know no bounds in defeating conservative ideals.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadrifter View Post
    Get out of the big cities and see if you still think it’s a “northern shithole”. Just as southern as anywhere in South Carolina. I’d move to Florida tomorrow if the company I work for would let me transfer.
    Looks like maybe even more so, with a governor with big balls. I stand corrected. Definitely looking like a good escape plan if the blue plague spreads here.
    -Samuel Adams

At a time when riots are declared “peaceful protests” and peaceful protests are declared “insurrection”, be careful what you wish for. Laws like these can be dangerous depending on who determines the context.

The only “riot” in the last year was on January 6, 2021...

Florida is the only state that you have to go north to get to the South...

But good on him for the law, hopefully other states follow suit.