Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
All day every day.

congrats on a fine bird.

(so you long gunned your dad?)
In a nutshell, yup. It was his fault, though. He was saying he couldn't go with me and claiming, "I'm just too unsteady and unable to walk much...no way I can walk on an uneven road or in the woods in the daytime, let alone in low light." So, two years ago, we went and struck a bird about 100 yards behind the gate, so I was trying to find a bird roosting somewhere he might be able to walk to. It took me nearly two miles of walking before I heard a gobble. I knew he couldn't make it anywhere near that bird, so I killed him.

Took him to an easy to get to field the next day and the next and the next only to have us both figure out that he has a lot more in him than he thought. He's walked, with help, at least five miles over three days, so he could have made it back to where I killed my bird...that'll teach him not to underestimate himself and pull the ol' "I can't..." card anymore. We've worked a few toms and watched them put on a show well out of range, and just spending time together in the woods with him getting to experience the show has been awesome for both of us.

Tomorrow we are going to go full-on, suck it up and get under a gobbling swamp bird, no-screwing with a damned evil field bird, turkey combat mode.