Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tundra Software or Bluetooth issues

Default Tundra Software or Bluetooth issues

I love my Tundra and got a new one just so I could have a backup camera and bluetooth to talk on the phone without holding a phone on my shoulder while I drove.

Since mine has been flaky, dropping calls. Restarting in the middle of calls. Deciding to randomly reset preferences like text alerts and other such horseshit...It's got me kinda ornery.

I've searched the Tundra forums and they said my memory is probably full and to remove my phone and add it back. Did that and now I cant disconnect or change phone settings anymore.

Anyone else have any issues like this in their tundra? 2018 and an Iphone 8plus if that matters for anything.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

The toyota entune system is notorious for for being junk. They basically tried to create their own android/apple car play when their specialty is automobiles and failed pretty miserably to the point that they finally gave up and went to apple/android car play in new models this past year. 2018, you're stuck on the old entune system. Sorry for your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyTownsend View Post
    The toyota entune system is notorious for for being junk. They basically tried to create their own android/apple car play when their specialty is automobiles and failed pretty miserably to the point that they finally gave up and went to apple/android car play in new models this past year. 2018, you're stuck on the old entune system. Sorry for your loss.
    Awesome. Do I have any recourse?
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

You could try a new phone or aftermarket headunit that has apple car play built in already. Either one will cost a few hundred. Or do like I do and swear a couple of times when it acts up and keep on keeping on

It was an ongoing thing with my wife’s 18’ sequoia and also IPhone 8 Plus.

Started with just rebooting randomly, Toyota replaced head unit under warranty. Second head unit dropped audio on calls randomly when it felt like it. We tried the whole re-pair the BT thing with no luck. Did it on both of our phones too that were the same model. Toyota says it’s an iPhone issue and washed their hands of it. With all the other problems we had with it we just traded it and cut our losses.

Buddy has same year tundra and has not had one problem out of his radio. Only difference is he has one of the newer model phones. My 21 Tacoma radio went to shit 2 weeks ago right after my 8 plus did it’s own software update. Wouldn’t let me talk but could hear the other caller fine. Tried many delete device and re-pairs with no luck. Paired the wife’s phone just for giggles and hers worked fine. Tried mine one more time after that and everything was fine, including the toggle to turn on text alerts which would also not populate when the problems started.

I’m kinda starting to point the finger at Apple.

I have a 2018 with no issues...what does the Toyota dealer say?
    Last edited by Duck Nitz; 04-19-2021 at 11:10 AM.
    At least I'm housebroken.

Shudda bought a GMC!!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    Shudda bought a GMC!!
    you are indeed in your own little world

I have a friend that keeps having problems with her 4Runner. She just keeps taking it back to Toyota b/c it's still under warranty, but they don't do anything to fix it.

My GF and Dad both have '18 yotas. Neither have mentioned that their bluetooth has messed up. GF's is a Highlander and dads is a Tundra.

Edit: You're welcome for the info.
    Last edited by SCswampCAT; 04-19-2021 at 11:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

I'll hang up on you if you have me on blue tooth. It's excruciating to listen to all the road and background noise and delays with everyone talking over each other. Nerve wracking is what it is.

I have an 18... but have never added my phone into it. I would probably have to ask for help, then I wouldn't pay attention when they're telling me how. It's easier for me to do life older school.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll hang up on you if you have me on blue tooth. It's excruciating to listen to all the road and background noise and delays with everyone talking over each other. Nerve wracking is what it is.
    Good to know....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

The sound quality on the phone in our 2018 Sequoia is awful. I'd be looking to replace with aftermarket options or if under warranty go that route which looks to be replacing it with more sub par electronics.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Nitz View Post
    I have a 2018 with no issues...what does the Toyota dealer say?
    I havent been yet. No time.

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    Shudda bought a GMC!!
    Been over this. I refuse to pay for anything made by union labor. Besides, I'd like to get more than 120k miles out of my truck before I have to replace everything.

Quote Originally Posted by beech View Post
    The sound quality on the phone in our 2018 Sequoia is awful. I'd be looking to replace with aftermarket options or if under warranty go that route which looks to be replacing it with more sub par electronics.
    No warranty left. Just rolled 108k.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    The mic on the Tundras/Toyotas are pretty good at removing all that shit. I feel the same way and ask anyone I am talking to if they can hear me ok without the issues you describe. No complaints, except for when the BT goes sideways.

Point bein' here is we are all talking about driving a pickup truck. Bluetooth issues should not be a primary concern, but I am trying to empathize...mostly because it's the same make and model.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Nitz View Post
    Point bein' here is we are all talking about driving a pickup truck. Bluetooth issues should not be a primary concern, but I am trying to empathize...mostly because it's the same make and model.
    My primary concern is making the truck last to 500k miles.

The burr under my saddle is having a conversation and then all of a sudden my shit decides to restart 5 times in the same conversation and trying to get the phone to disconnect while rolling 80 or so down the road so I dont have to remember where in the conversation I was when my shit decided to cut out....again.

I bought mine with the same intent..10 years of ownership or whatever. Hope they can fix it up.

I have a 14 Tundra and my unit will occasianally reset when i am trying to make a call but is usually fine oncei'm connected