Thread: Looking for a new to me bow

Default Looking for a new to me bow

This is not an ISO post, but I will be making one in the TP after this post hopefully narrows it down. I’m 6’4” with a 30ish draw length. The only bow I’ve only owned I bought 16 or 17 years ago. It’s a Diamond by Bowtech. I have killed a couple critters with it, but it’s more or less sat in the garage most of its life. I say that to say, I doubt I will ever be a “bowhunter”. I would like to get something new to me. What are some couple year old bows I should be looking for, and what price range should I expect to be in? Will $500ish buy anything decent?

I bought a Mathews Traverse around this time last year. It's a longer ata bow, but it shoots lights out. Check out archerytalk, and you can find some really good deals. My last two have come from there. Personally I would stay with the longer bows with your draw length.

Why change bows? I killed a bunch of stuff with my old diamond. Great bows. Maybe a new sight, rest, and strings would scratch the itch?
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by JBK View Post
    Why change bows? I killed a bunch of stuff with my old diamond. Great bows. Maybe a new sight, rest, and strings would scratch the itch?
    That’s probably the route I will go. I figure I have $250-350 worth of updates to do to this bow to get it ship shape. Just making sure I wouldn’t be better off spending a couple hundred more to get something more updated.

Quote Originally Posted by socoz71 View Post
    I bought a Mathews Traverse around this time last year. It's a longer ata bow, but it shoots lights out. Check out archerytalk, and you can find some really good deals. My last two have come from there. Personally I would stay with the longer bows with your draw length.
    I will check out archerytalk. Thanks!