Thread: Skunked!

Default Skunked!

Well I guess it had to happen eventually. 23 years offshore fishing here and came home today with clean ice.
    Lost one small tuna at the boat, only bite all day. GTH and north.
    Rough one this am, admitted defeat at 1:30.
    Congrats to the ones that caught a few.

Was able to help a fellow out who lost his steering, told him to put beer in his helm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya had to run over some good spots on the ride back, never too proud to drop for white meat.

Quote Originally Posted by DG34YF View Post
    Ya had to run over some good spots on the ride back, never too proud to drop for white meat.
    Word.

Talked to someone who's son left the jetties at 0500 and didnt get back until 9pm. Boated two BFT and a dolphin. Screw that.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Heard it was rough yesterday. We fished our last day of the wahoo tournament Saturday with everyone else in Charleston and broke off a nice one at the boat. We were in like 17th so we needed probably one nice fish to have a chance of cutting a check and had him within 15' of the boat. Caught one dolphin, 5 cudas, a shark and a bonita. It was a beautiful day at least.

We fished Saturday for the tournament as well. Picked up 3 wahoo a dolphin and a king. Broke off 2 high speeding. That was our last day of the series. Biggest fish we caught this tournament was 37 lbs.
    867-5309

Quote Originally Posted by DG34YF View Post
    Oh I’m never to proud to bottom drop, but for whatever reason on this trip I decided to only take the big rods.

I wasn’t real proud of myself as I drove past lots of my bottom marks on the way back in

Quote Originally Posted by flopduster View Post
    Oh I’m never to proud to bottom drop, but for whatever reason on this trip I decided to only take the big rods.

I wasn’t real proud of myself as I drove past lots of my bottom marks on the way back in

Oh heck no, I’d leave the trolling rigs home first.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

My brother and his son went about 24 miles out yesterday bottom fishing in an 18’ Whaler. I talked to my nephew last night and his first comment was “we caught a few fish and I threw up a lot! Said the ride out was miserable.

Always pack the bottom rods!!!
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderchicken View Post
    My brother and his son went about 24 miles out yesterday bottom fishing in an 18’ Whaler. I talked to my nephew last night and his first comment was “we caught a few fish and I threw up a lot! Said the ride out was miserable.
    That medicine will break the fishing fever.

It happens. We had a rough fish day Friday.

Caught some delicious bottom fish though. Im ready for some scamp.

Quote Originally Posted by scdiver View Post
    It happens. We had a rough fish day Friday.

Caught some delicious bottom fish though. Im ready for some scamp.
    You always ready to stop trolling at the wrong times!

My buddies say the same thing

At 1:15 with 3 dolphin in the box - it’s time to drop on grouper.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.