Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: See who got the PPP Loans

Oh I took it.

Took mine. Self employed. Just wrote them a check for more than I took for first quarter taxes. Taxation is fucking theft!
    Go Tigers!!!

So is it help or a way to scam? Serious question, and I’m not pointing fingers. It looked like some free money to a few. I admittedly don’t understand the process.

*owner.
    Was advised to take it and hold on. Nope. A fellow like me taking the moral high ground over these welfare queens getting “their” money back was priceless. Besides, if that is a life changing sum, you’ve been doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post
    So is it help or a way to scam? Serious question, and I’m not pointing fingers. It looked like some free money to a few. I admittedly don’t understand the process.
    It was a genuine way to help businesses. For round 1, pretty much everyone qualified. For round 2, you had to actually prove your business was down 25% or more

So yes, plenty of companies that never shut down and had record years in 2020 received ppp funds

I took it.

Told every one of my 21 employees to stay home if they were exposed, sick, feverish, etc. I paid some of the girls over 160 hours of "covid" time. At the end of the year the ones that didn't take time off got a fat Christmas bonus.
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    From a purely business perspective, it was dumb not to take the money even if you pay it back at some point. It was basically a free loan, I think the interest rate is 1%. Any business who decided not to for whatever reason was missing an opportunity.

Agree completely. Can only think of couple of my business clients that did not get it

On advice of my banker and CPA- I took it and it sits in a separate bank account in case of required payback

We didn't miss any work- I ran a covid crew for guys that tested positive- they worked a project on vacant land, came in 1 hour after everyone else and went home 1 hour after- used 1 designated work truck. 50% of my guys tested positive at some point- zero had any symptoms beyond a minor cold- as a result- zero have gotten the vaccine.

Our cost of business rose dramatically over the past year- availability of materials has been problematic- and we just this week received the first permit from SC DHEC since covid hit. Damn good thing I had 18 months of contracted and permitted work when it started.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobetter View Post
    I took it.

Told every one of my 21 employees to stay home if they were exposed, sick, feverish, etc. I paid some of the girls over 160 hours of "covid" time. At the end of the year the ones that didn't take time off got a fat Christmas bonus.
    Same for us, Mo. When all this went down we had no idea what was coming. Business has been really good but at the time we didn't know if we were even going to be open. Paid employees to stay home if they were sick and paid bonuses and gave raises with what we received. My pay has remained static and I took zero bonuses last year and am about to write a check big enough to make your hand shake to the dot gov.

Everyone thinks us "rich" business owners went and bought new boobs for the girlfriend and new boats with it. I have no use for one and no time for the other and can't afford the upkeep of either.
    Last edited by Glenn; 04-16-2021 at 01:02 PM.

He said boobs and I laughed out loud.

Not a business owner, but from my perspective, the program was designed to keep people employed and on payroll.

For some businesses, it would have made more sense to layoff employees when business slowed down over the summer, but since the PPP had stipulations about keeping your staffing numbers at or above the previous year, it kept some people off of unemployment.

Quote Originally Posted by Clemsontider View Post
    Not a business owner, but from my perspective, the program was designed to keep people employed and on payroll.

For some businesses, it would have made more sense to layoff employees when business slowed down over the summer, but since the PPP had stipulations about keeping your staffing numbers at or above the previous year, it kept some people off of unemployment.
    That was my impression as well. Ultimately, it was intended to help employees. Helped businesses too (obviously). I was advised to accept it on the first round.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post
    Both.

I know a particular individual that took it. She has a business, but is the only employee. Her business has not suffered, so it was simply free money for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    On advice of my banker and CPA- I took it and it sits in a separate bank account in case of required payback
    We did this as well. Took it on the first round because we didn't know what was going to happen. It's still sitting there.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I was eligible for the side business LLC I own. I chose not too, but could care less about those that did.
    I am sure it helped some food service folks, etc and it was obviously abused as most everyone I know that owns a business
    is way up in revenue compared to previous year and several on here that accepted it openly have stated how good business is.
    I had lunch today with an attorney friend, he is a divorce attorney and his business is through the roof since the husbands and wives have been stuck
    working at home with each other, he has 4 or 5 ladies in his office.....he took $225,000 and hasn't missed a beat.
    What we have learned is "government assistance" is bad except when you are on the receiving end.
    This is "assistance" that was "applied" for......not like the stimilus money.
    Now, with that said, if you took it and it keep your doors open and you honestly used it for payroll, avoided layoffs, rent, etc........God Bless you
    Last edited by ecu1984; 04-16-2021 at 03:32 PM.

I took it, the first one, didn't close down for one second. I altered between some employees paying them the entire way through, had a couple quarantine. It was used for payroll, and I paid some bonuses to all of my employees for stepping up. It was supposed to be used as payroll.. having a good accountant is an important thing in business, one you can trust, and a bank that knows you by face and name. It was based on your number of employees, payroll for two months. I wasn't handed sportfisher money, more like mid tier used CC money. I work my ass off and just like other locally owned businesses have families that depend on my company and myself keeping things running.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    I was eligible for the side business LLC I own. I chose not too, but could care less about those that did.
    I am sure it helped some food service folks, etc and it was obviously abused as most everyone I know that owns a business
    is way up in revenue compared to previous year and several on here that accepted it openly have stated how good business is.
    I had lunch today with an attorney friend, he is a divorce attorney and his business is through the roof since the husbands and wives have been stuck
    working at home with each other, he has 4 or 5 ladies in his office.....he took $225,000 and hasn't missed a beat.
    What we have learned is "government assistance" is bad except when you are on the receiving end.
    This is "assistance" that was "applied" for......not like the stimilus money.
    Now, with that said, if you took it and it keep your doors open and you honestly used it for payroll, avoided layoffs, rent, etc........God Bless you
    You had to use x percent for payroll- don’t recall the amount. We were 100%. Didn’t lay off an employee or dock a dime of wages.
    Carolina Counsel

We could but did NOT. Don't want them looking around in the future because they going too. Better have I's dotted and your X's crossed I was told. They got to pay for these TRILLION'S some kind of way and the common folk is what they gonna come after.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"