Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: See who got the PPP Loans

Default See who got the PPP Loans

We did the awhile back. Why would anyone care who got a PPP Loan?
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

For me. I see companies that flat out didn't close and didn't stop. These guys are getting several million. Yeah, I care.

Keep looking, you won't find those requirements anywhere.

I remember this thread now.

I don't see why this is anyone's business, nor should it be made public. Does your bank disclose on a public website how much you take out for a consumer loan or auto loan?
    Last edited by ReelHard; 04-15-2021 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ReelHard View Post
    I don't see why this is anyone's business or should it be made public.
    Its taxpayer money. Its funny to see people who want to pay less taxes complain when people who actually pay taxes get some of that money back.

I have only one question, why would a funeral home need PPP?

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

I don't see why this is anyone's business, nor should it be made public. Does your bank disclose on a public website how much you take out for a consumer loan or auto loan?
    It's public because it was government funded (aka tax payer funded). What you do with your private funds is no ones business. Two completely different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Its taxpayer money. Its funny to see people who want to pay less taxes complain when people who actually pay taxes get some of that money back.
    I get that it is tax payer money, i just feel like it is a violation of privacy. Although fwiw you can look up any person's property and see how much they pay in property taxes.

I get that it is tax payer money, i just feel like it is a violation of privacy. Although fwiw you can look up any person's property and see how much they pay in property taxes.
    It's not a violation of privacy at all. Anything dealing with public funds is public knowledge. The freedom of information act gives any citizen the right to request information regarding pretty much anything. Don't want people knowing your business, don't take money from uncle sugar.
    Last edited by Remy; 04-15-2021 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ccleroy View Post
    I thought the same thing at first.

Funeral homes make most of their money on the services - charging for rooms for families, limos, upcharging for nicer coffins, vaults, etc. With Covid, most of that was gone. It was preparing the body, and then a small family event graveside. There were stricter sanitary requirements required, too that cost money. More funerals were happening at the same time, and many families didn't have the money available for nice funerals or not enough for the influx of dying older relatives. Many folks opted for cremation, which doesn't make them a lot of money as well.

Funeral homes had more business, but it was way less profitable.
    Last edited by wob; 04-15-2021 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    It's not a violation of privacy at all. Anything dealing with public funds is public knowledge. The freedom of information act gives any citizen the right to request information regarding pretty much anything. Don't want people knowing your business, don't take money from uncle sugar.
    I didn't take any. I'm not a business owner.

Upon review, pretty much everyone did it....
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    We did the awhile back. Why would anyone care who got a PPP Loan?
    I kinda care. My company apparently took a loan, then came to me a few weeks ago to tell me they were cutting my base pay and putting me on a commission-only compensation plan... at a pretty deep pay cut.

My beef is, if they took the money, and it's only supposed to be spent on payroll, why could they not afford to continue to pay the base pay they agreed to when they hired me?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

From a purely business perspective, it was dumb not to take the money even if you pay it back at some point. It was basically a free loan, I think the interest rate is 1%. Any business who decided not to for whatever reason was missing an opportunity.

It’s getting back what the governments been taking for years.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Willyworm, that is kind of where I was going with that. Top of my head, there is a landscape company that didn't stop one bit. In fact, if you looked close there will be some undocumented workers. You think Juan stopped laying sod or got a pay increase?

The first "loan" was forgiven wasn't it? So "free" money? I honestly don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post
    Willyworm, that is kind of where I was going with that. Top of my head, there is a landscape company that didn't stop one bit. In fact, if you looked close there will be some undocumented workers. You think Juan stopped laying sod or got a pay increase?

The first "loan" was forgiven wasn't it? So "free" money? I honestly don't know.
    It was forgiven if you meet certain requirements. It could also be partially forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by ccleroy View Post
    Damn govt shut down funerals- DUH