Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to kill a military career.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    I'm trying to figure out what he did wrong
    One thing is for certain, you won't figure it out by watching whatever clip they choose to put on the internet/news to stoke racial tensions. We've learned this definitively over the last years, starting with the sweet, innocent Trayvon Martin, then Ahmaud Arbery who was just out for a morning jog (because everyone "jogs" in the middle of a road while running from a car filming them), and most recently, George Floyd swallowing the evidence when being pulled out of the car, which of course no one saw until the court of public opinion had found the cops guilty, so nothing else could be said.

Not giving my opinion on whether any or all of these were justified or not, but what i do know is that there is more to the story, but we won't hear that tidbit it if it is doesn't help demonize white devil, white devil.
    Last edited by everlast; 04-16-2021 at 07:20 AM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

SO just to be clear we are suppose to make judgments now off of just a small segment of a video posted online..... If it was a guy walking around being creepy and sneaking onto peoples porches and taking pictures.... How many of you would just let that happen??? Just call the cops and wait?? Let the creepy guy walk around and keep on keepin on......... Don't know the whole story and I am sure there is more to it than just a big guy screaming at some little guy but I guess we will not know the truth as it was a white guy in the South yelling at a little black man in the South soooo.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Last edited by Featherduster; 04-21-2021 at 12:28 PM.
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

Never let context or the truth get in the way of a good narrative.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

He may be mentally ill but the drill sergeant still overstepped his authority. And he is paying the price for that. He still should have called the police to handle the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    He may be mentally ill but the drill sergeant still overstepped his authority. And he is paying the price for that. He still should have called the police to handle the situation.
    Easy to say and easy to sit back and judge from your couch. That Drill Sgt has probably been around the block a few times and is used to handling things on his own. Are you saying that you would be the perfect gentleman minutes after some creepy fuck pulled a stunt like that?

Maybe it’s just me but I thought the sarge showed great restraint.
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

What I'm saying is I would let law enforcement handle the situation unless there was an eminent threat. I am not going to put myself at risk trying to be Billy badass. Never know what you are up against. What if the mentally ill kid had a weapon? Call law enforcement and let them deal with it. Now if he was attacking someone in my family I would intervene.

Bullshit. This country was founded on people fixing problems themselves.

Sure, just ask George Zimmerman. He'll give you some good advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Featherduster View Post
    Maybe it’s just me but I thought the sarge showed great restraint.
    This right here. The only thing he hurt was the dudes feelings. Some folks I know would have whipped his ass then asked questions later
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

He threatened him. That's a crime in North Carolina. I know a guy who did time in the pokey for that.

And his idiot wife filmed the threat taking place. Neither of them are going to be Jeopardy contestants.

Some still think it is the 50's and 60's when people handled their problems outside police and courts.

If the black dude was 6-2 and muscular Sergeant Stupid reaction would have been different.

We are in a different era with social media mixed with the current climate of guilty until proven innocent. Don't be the guy getting cuffed and stuffed. I would be willing to bet sarge would have handled it differently in hindsight.

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    We are in a different era with social media mixed with the current climate of guilty until proven innocent. .
    I predict the habit of doxxing and posting addresses, etc, on social media is going to lead to serious injury or death at some point, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by w33kender View Post
    I predict the habit of doxxing and posting addresses, etc, on social media is going to lead to serious injury or death at some point, unfortunately.
    I was told by a friend that he read where the sargents house was vandalized. Has anyone seen that online? I haven’t looked.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

Confirmed. House vandalized and his family was taken to an undisclosed location for their safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Some still think it is the 50's and 60's when people handled their problems outside police and courts.

If the black dude was 6-2 and muscular Sergeant Stupid reaction would have been different.
    Maybe not. When you see red, that's all you see. The rest don't matter
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

I am assuming an Drill Instructor has learned to control his emotions. To me it looks like a goon showboating for the neighbors. For most after the age of 18 there is nothing to gain.