Thread: Shimano Gear Shifter

Default Shimano Gear Shifter

My turkey mobile has developed an issue.

Seems the shifter on the left side (gears 1-3) is loose and will shift at any time. Makes pedaling not very fun.

Before I go and pull shit apart and render it irrepairable, anyone familiar with these things? I am thinking a cable has come aloose somewhere in the middle of it, but I am smart (or arguably experienced) enough to know not to go breaking stuff open that I dont have an ounce of a clue about.

Its like the one on the bottom of the pic.

shifter.jpg
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

You're getting a little old for a bicycle.

Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

Give me a few miles range and bigger tires on that bad boy and I am down like James Brown.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Can you tighten the derailer?

Buddy of mine just bought a pedego bike in Aiken, says it is the way to go for turkeys! I think he bought the element fat tire.
    https://www.pedegoelectricbikes.com/dealers/aiken/
    Last edited by BugBuster; 04-14-2021 at 07:39 PM.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Gripshift sux...

I have a Cannondale you can buy, it fits me perfectly!
    Last edited by JOHNSON; 04-14-2021 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNSON View Post
    Gripshift sux...

I have a Cannondale you can buy, it fits me perfectly!
    I bit the bullet and took it apart. There's a little piece that had fallen out of the tracks inside. I was worried I had springs and shit.

Thanks for the offer on the Cannondale, but the fit might not be congruent from you to me.

clown-riding-a-miniature-bike-during-a-clown-parade-in-mexico-city-BNHKPY.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BugBuster View Post
    Buddy of mine just bought a pedego bike in Aiken, says it is the way to go for turkeys! I think he bought the element fat tire.
    https://www.pedegoelectricbikes.com/dealers/aiken/
    I've been salivating over those for a while. Cant justify the cost tho.