Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9mm

If every schmo that thinks the next calamity is always just around the corner and has to buy any box of ammo they see would give it a rest, things would slowly get closer to normal. I'd like to see some of the scalpers get stuck with a bunch of expensive ammo.

Gouging and scalping are emotional trigger words used by the left to create hysteria among the masses. Good to see conservatives learning from their playbook.

I know it said 9, but I recently picked up some Federal LE type ammo for $.50. Pays to look around. It is listed for $2/round on internet sites.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Gouging and scalping are emotional trigger words used by the left to create hysteria among the masses. Good to see conservatives learning from their playbook.
    Where the hell is our like button?

Supply and Demand. Sucks but should be prepared!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

I guess I am as much of a capitalist as anyone, but I still have an issue with one store sending people to Academy and Walmart to scoop up most of the supply away from retail customers so that they can control the local market. The biggest beef is with Academy for enabling it. I remember when Hugo hit and a few stores started to charge $10+ for a bag of ice and around the same for gas until Gov. Campbell put a stop to it. Different situation on a different scale but that was still supply and demand.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

To heck with 9 mm, I'm salty about not being able to get my hands on .308 win hunting rounds. Bolt guns need love, too.

Quote Originally Posted by CWPINST View Post
    I guess I am as much of a capitalist as anyone, but I still have an issue with one store sending people to Academy and Walmart to scoop up most of the supply away from retail customers so that they can control the local market. The biggest beef is with Academy for enabling it. I remember when Hugo hit and a few stores started to charge $10+ for a bag of ice and around the same for gas until Gov. Campbell put a stop to it. Different situation on a different scale but that was still supply and demand.
    What should the allotment be.

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    I bought 1000 Precision Delta 124 grain JHP bullets for $135.00 a couple of days ago. 5K Small Pistol primers for $200. Ive got 16 lbs of Titegroup since before the panic. Ive got 5 gallon buckets full of brass. On the high side I might have 20 cents a round, $200 per 1K. Components are available if your willing to buy in bulk. Ya'll really need to learn to reload.
    Where did you find primers? I can't find any.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaya View Post
    To heck with 9 mm, I'm salty about not being able to get my hands on .308 win hunting rounds. Bolt guns need love, too.
    I got on the mailing list for a few of the bulk ammo sites and recently bought a couple boxes of 308 150 grain SST. After shipping and taxes, I paid $96 for 40 rounds! You have to be ready to jump on it as soon as you get notified.

On the bright side of this ammo shortage, skybusting will probably go way down.

[QUOTE=Palmetto Bug;2866327
    On the bright side of this ammo shortage, skybusting will probably go way down.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't count on it. I hunted close to a gun range yesterday and heard countless mag dumps from Meal Team 6. In my mind they were spraying from the hip.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I’m more concerned about lumber, I got plenty of ammo. Well, my clients are concerned about lumber, I’ll fish over signing a lump sum contract, if the wind will stop.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I picked up 400rnds of 9mm today for 31¢ per round. Felt like that was a decent price right now all things considered.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I’m more concerned about lumber, I got plenty of ammo. Well, my clients are concerned about lumber, I’ll fish over signing a lump sum contract, if the wind will stop.
    I got gas money haha just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    I picked up 400rnds of 9mm today for 31¢ per round. Felt like that was a decent price right now all things considered.
    Local or on-line?

Price went from 35.99 to 39.99
    36128847-6985-4F3E-AC2C-DCCEBF3CDF2B.jpg
    If you give 10 people a bag of gold, someone will complain about how heavy it is!

Quote Originally Posted by dmatheny21 View Post
    Price went from 35.99 to 39.99
    36128847-6985-4F3E-AC2C-DCCEBF3CDF2B.jpg
    I dropped by the other week at the store on Fernandina and picked up a box from a pallet with no pricing on it. Got to the register and it rang up to $47. I said no thanks and put it back on the pallet. At least theyre putting the price on the pallets there. I had to wait in line.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton