Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: STOLEN TRUCK

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Shew. I bet that tow home was hairy.
    It was, I drove it nice and slow the whole way back.

I would wear gloves nice think rubber gloves to clean............
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

I’m guessing we will be seeing those seat covers in the trading post next week.,,

“Badass-never been sat on”
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Last spring Little P's truck was stolen. When recovered, there were bags of nasty ass trash in the bed and rotten food in there as well. What had been in the tool box was gone. Tools kept under the back seat were gone. Nasty as crap to clean out. The cab was stinking of who knows what. Lots of food packages in the cab too. It had been ridden around a bit.

They had removed the converter and the truck had run out of gas in the middle of Oak Street about a mile from our house. Damn it was nasty.

Adding that insurance paid for repairs they found and to clean it up. The search then started for a new truck.
    Last edited by rp; 04-16-2021 at 09:53 AM.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    I’m guessing we will be seeing those seat covers in the trading post next week.,,

“Badass-never been sat on”
    They won’t be in the truck for long that’s for sure, I’m still pissed one of the original floor mats is missing so I have to buy floor mats now too. Along with all of the hunting gear that was in the truck. The dumbass stole the streamlight that was mounted beside the seat but only managed to pull the wire out of the firewall instead of unscrewing the charger from the floor. It’s going to suck trying to get the smell out.

Ironically there is a bottle of Meguiars Interior detailer in the truck that isn’t mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    They won’t be in the truck for long that’s for sure, I’m still pissed one of the original floor mats is missing so I have to buy floor mats now too. Along with all of the hunting gear that was in the truck. The dumbass stole the streamlight that was mounted beside the seat but only managed to pull the wire out of the firewall instead of unscrewing the charger from the floor. It’s going to suck trying to get the smell out.
    The best way to deal with the smell of weed in a truck is to chain smoke a pack of newports once a day for a week. Pro tip.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Put dryer sheets under the seats for a while. It will take the smell out

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    The best way to deal with the smell of weed in a truck is to chain smoke a pack of newports once a day for a week. Pro tip.
    It was full of Marlboros so that explains why it’s still bad

Quote Originally Posted by Rem11-87 View Post
    Put dryer sheets under the seats for a while. It will take the smell out
    I’ll try that, thank you

Febreeze air.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

I've got a cheap little ozone machine here at my main store if you want to borrow it for a bit, pending on someone picking it up for you.. I don't see myself leaving the edges of the city limits in the next couple of weeks
    Last edited by Highstrung; 04-16-2021 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I've got a cheap little ozone machine here at my main store if you want to borrow it for a bit, pending on someone picking it up for you.. I don't see myself leaving the edges of the city limits in the next couple of weeks
    That’s very generous, I’ll keep that in mind.

I’m going to take the seat covers out and shampoo the carpet this weekend to hopefully get most of the smell out. The interior was immaculate before, there wasn’t a single stain or speck of dirt in the carpet. Makes me sick.

I’ll be down that way next week and I have an ozone machine you can use and can bring it to you.

That’s very generous, I’ll keep that in mind.

I’m going to take the seat covers out and shampoo the carpet this weekend to hopefully get most of the smell out. The interior was immaculate before, there wasn’t a single stain or speck of dirt in the carpet. Makes me sick.
    Use an ozone machine and some ozium spray from any auto store.Dont breathe in the ozium,spray a few squirts and let it sit for 30 minutes.Then shampoo and steam clean the interior.All the weed and cigarette smell will be gone.

Thanks fellas.

Woodiewacker, if don’t have it figured out over the weekend I might have to get up with you about that ozone machine. I appreciate it.

The interior was immaculate before, there wasn’t a single stain or speck of dirt in the carpet. Makes me sick.
    Crazy. I thought about you this morning at 3am cleaning up dog puke. Take care of a truck that well for that long and some shitbird comes along and Dirty Mikes it up in 48 hours. Nice...

Thanks fellas.

Woodiewacker, if don’t have it figured out over the weekend I might have to get up with you about that ozone machine. I appreciate it.
    No problem just let me know by Wednesday morning so I can put it in the truck.

Ozone machines are the ticket.

I had a caretaker living at my place in Arkansas last year. His dog had a few puppies and he decided that they needed to live in the locker room. The urine and shit smell would about knock you down when entering. The ozone machine got rid of the vast majority of it. You can still faintly smell it, but it's a world of difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodiewacker82 View Post
    No problem just let me know by Wednesday morning so I can put it in the truck.
    Will do buddy