Thread: BEDS program Update and Opportunity

Default BEDS program Update and Opportunity

####UPDATE with Pictures#####

The weather was nice and cool which made for a very good morning for a work project of any kind. Here are a couple of action shots, a pic of one of our custom jigs, along with the final product bundle ready for delivery next month. On the pickup day we combine the Santa Claus-like bag full of bedsheets and pajamas with the kid's name on it. I will post more then too. Thanks to all who supported financially or with prayers. Lee

IMG_5063.jpg

IMG_5059.jpg

IMG_5055.jpg

IMG_5051.jpg

Good Morning SCDUCKers,
    Last night we finished prepping the materials for the beds we will make and package this coming Saturday morning using the drum sander that was generously donated by one of our members whose sawdust was sucked up by a dust collector generously donated by one of our members, which was, in turn, delivered by one of our generous members. Pictures of my son and I posing as spokesmodels below with said sander. If you would like to join us this Saturday morning for about two to three hours for the final detail sanding, routing, and assembly into travel bundles, simply show up Saturday April 17th at about 8:45 am at 1201 Cherokee Road, Florence SC 29501.

Chick-Fil-A normally supplies lunch afterward and volunteer opportunities exist for all ages and skill levels. So if you have kids above the ages of ten, bring them and they will be given something to do as well. The pickup of the beds will be in late May and I will post that up with some pictures too. I have built duck boxes, hen nests, roofed houses, painted walls, etc. but nothing has rewarded ME so much for my effort as the satisfaction of going to my bed each night knowing that a few more kids also have one to put their head down in as well. If you have questions, reply and I will answer because others may be wondering the same thing. No need to RSVP, just show up. Thanks to everyone that lent their financial support or time to this. It honestly overwhelmed me at the time as I was just looking for a good, used sander. MG

(Side note: look at the growth rings on that one piece of wood on top. It had so much sap in it we did it last . It weighed almost three times what the other wood weighed.)

IMG_5017.jpg

IMG_5018.jpg

IMG_5019.jpg

IMG_5020.jpg
    Last edited by Maggie Glover; 04-19-2021 at 12:45 PM.
    Dum Spiro Spero

Really Cool Lee. You guys are doing a great job for a great cause. Thanks for all you and the Team are doing.

Updated with pics. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero