Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .25-06

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    The brake removed the recoil and now you don’t flinch in anticipation. It’s understandable considering you shoot thousands of .22 rounds a year, so when you shoot a big boy gun you get a little nervous. Italics
    Lol,

In all seriousness I was surprised at the results. My uncle was a .25-06 shooter until the day he died,and had a coworker that I really respected his opinion on just about everything that shot one exclusively as well. Anyhow, I took a few targets to work one evening to show to Bubba ( yea, I know the mental image that comes with that name but the man was an extremely talent welder, machinist, and maintenance man) from where I had been sighting it in. The gun shot decent groups as it was, 1” MOA but he wasn’t impressed. Told me a brake would tighten them up, Bubba said he had put muzzle brakes on more than a few guns over the years and it had always tightened the grouping. He had brakes on a few .243’s even. I was hesitant to do it as the caliber had such mild recoil I was convinced it wouldn’t make a difference. He made me an offer “put a muzzle brake on it, see what it does to the grouping and if you don’t like it I’ll buy it back from you and give you what you paid for it so you can band a brand new one again” I thought he was kidding until he put his hand out to shake on it.
    Anyway, I had nothing to lose, took it to a local gunsmith in town for the work, sighted it back in and never gave Bubba the chance to buy it
    Last edited by Duck cutter; 04-12-2021 at 08:18 PM.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Just thinking, as I recall Remington once made Sendaros in quarter caliber. How were those for accuracy. I think they had a 26" barrel like that one posted above in the campfire thread. Sendaros were not light.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

From personal experience, they were real good. Got one that I bumped to an AI. Shot a few groups at 500 yards around 2.5 inches. That was with a 100gr NBT @ about 3400fps, not a match bullet. A big heavy rifle has advantages and disadvantages. They are not what you want in a climber, but for a tower stand where you have some room, they are very steady for taking long shots.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    Just thinking, as I recall Remington once made Sendaros in quarter caliber. How were those for accuracy. I think they had a 26" barrel like that one posted above in the campfire thread. Sendaros were not light.
    I have one it is the most accurate rifle I own.

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    I have one and it will shoot one hole at 100 yards.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

I may have a Sendero in .25-06 that I'd trade for something cool.

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    I may have a Sendero in .25-06 that I'd trade for something cool.
    You don't know if you have it?

Talk to Phone Man about goats. I think one is abusing him now.

What is cool?
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

2th warned against talking in absolutes.
    I might consider lever guns, Arisakas, walnut stocked m70s and 700s, or double barreled anything as cool. Might not.