Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In need of landscape designer.

Zoysia to the foundation/edge of the house. Roudup around the trees and 4" back from the house so you don't have to weed eat.

Mow, go fishin'.

Damn I must be the only one that enjoys yard work. Of course you couldn’t tell by looking at my current situation but that’s the reason for new driveway and landscaping.

I'm too cheap to do it ... but I would love to have the synthetic grass across my entire yard and rubber mulch. I hate doing yard work.

I'll keep rolling like Glenn does for now, spray all of the grass around trees/edges, spray the weeds in the mulch bed, cut the grass when it needs it and do other things in the time I save.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    I'm too cheap to do it ... but I would love to have the synthetic grass across my entire yard and rubber mulch. I hate doing yard work.

I'll keep rolling like Glenn does for now, spray all of the grass around trees/edges, spray the weeds in the mulch bed, cut the grass when it needs it and do other things in the time I save.
    Dang skippy. Clover, dandelions, crabgrass and spur weed look good when it's mowed.

Sounds like y’all need to be introduced to a weed barrier for your flower beds and growth inhibitor for sod.

I just got finished cutting my back again... I enjoy it. I've got jamur zoysia in the front, but my back is bermuda.. that I overseed in rye. dogs and kid traffic, it keeps less junk out of the house and it looks pretty. I hit it with a little something a couple weeks ago just a smidge when I saw bermuda coming through. So between that and the rain, I've cut it three times in about a week.

My backyard is sloped and shaded and a lab with a lot of energy is back there most of the day. I've got to do something quickly as right now it's almost bare dirt, and when it rains it washes all the dirt down up against my fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    My backyard is sloped and shaded and a lab with a lot of energy is back there most of the day. I've got to do something quickly as right now it's almost bare dirt, and when it rains it washes all the dirt down up against my fence.
    Is this a slope you’ll be able to cut with your riding mower? If so, same grass that’s in the yard. If not you can go with something like Pennington slope master

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    Is this a slope you’ll be able to cut with your riding mower? If so, same grass that’s in the yard. If not you can go with something like Pennington slope master
    I can cut with a mower, but the Bermuda doesn't like the shade. I'd like to have something I could seed that will grow rather quickly, but it needs to be shade tolerant. Sod is too much money for my budget.

Empire zoysia. ,≤≥ pro tip. It is impressive where it will take hold with no light.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    I can cut with a mower, but the Bermuda doesn't like the shade. I'd like to have something I could seed that will grow rather quickly, but it needs to be shade tolerant. Sod is too much money for my budget.
    I have the same problem in areas of my yard with shade. In the shaded areas I put out some fescue. The bermuda will choke out the fescue where it's doing good, but the fescue will stay in the shaded areas and not wash. I also overseed in the winter with rye to help the erosion.