Thread: Tender-mouthed

Default Tender-mouthed

Took Grace out to do some drills this morning. First send out to a mark and she bumps a goose off her nest on the bank. Instinct took over and she took off after the goose. I call her back and she stops by the nest on the way and returns with this.

I guess we will split an omelet tomorrow morning for breakfast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Go back and vigorously shake them all.

Send her on a fun bumper & watch her reaction when it explodes.

Next challenge, a pigeon egg.

You can get a permit from the USDA to stomp the eggs if you want to be legal. She looks like shed enjoy cleaning it up.

Quote Originally Posted by WNM View Post
    You can get a permit from the USDA to stomp the eggs if you want to be legal. She looks like shed enjoy cleaning it up.
    Then what will we do in September? I’m already 1 up on the season.

"This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by TennDan View Post
    Next challenge, a pigeon egg.
    Those seem to be worth gold at the end of some rainbow right now.

Mines never brought an egg. He brought a live quail back on a release hunt one time. He dropped and it took off.

“… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

We were baby sitting my vet's parrot several years ago. She liked to ride on my wife's shoulder most of the time. One day she jumped off to the floor right in front of one of my shorthairs and Sweety gobbled her up immediately. I screamed "DROP!" and Sweety spit the ruffled parrot out with no harm done. Sweety frequently brought back live quail on retrieves. Turbo, not so much. He treated them like squeaky toys.

Had a lab bring back a goose egg from an island on Hartwell. Couple weeks later we stopped there so the wife and the dog could get off the boat and pee. Couple minutes later I hear the wife yelling my name and telling the dog No! I run to where they are and the dog found the same nest but this time with baby geese. Apparently while the wife was mid pee my dog started bringing her every goose from the nest. Ole girl found the motherlode and was determined to bring all of them to my wife. One of the funniest things I've ever seen and one of my fondest memories of that dog. To this date she had the softest mouth almost to a fault of any dog I've ever owned

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk