Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Anyone ever played Augusta National ??

Played it twice, worked on the grounds crew for two years after college. Not a better place to watch the sun come up every morning.

Quote Originally Posted by msbrown View Post
    Played it twice, worked on the grounds crew for two years after college. Not a better place to watch the sun come up every morning.
    It's a pretty golf course .... I can think of thousands of other places there are better to watch the sun come up.

My vote is watching the sun come up over a marsh.

My bud Russ’ dad got to play it once in his late 60s/early 70s. The story goes…They head out and are bypassing the tips and heading for a more forward tee box and Roger says, “this is likely the only time I’ll get to do this; I want to play every inch.”
    He the proceeded to shoot 82. Roger is now 87 and long ago made shooting his age no big deal. When I was in Columbia in April, Russ said his dad was on the course and had recently shot low 70s and was consistently breaking 80 still. Dood is all of 5’9”, a lefty, and would whip my arse on my best day in my prime (not saying a whole lot there) at 87! Roger’s a quiet, soft spoken badass, and the only thing he’s ever detailed thru a sly grin about his round at Augusta National was that he shot 82 from the tips and the greens were like putting on a car hood.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!