Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever played Augusta National ??

My boss for many years is a member, past President of Winchester Firearms ammunition division, previous board of director member of MARS as in MARS candy and dogfood companies as well as several other huge corporations including Bell.
    His neighbors outside of Nashville are Tim McGraw and Faith Hill (McGraw and Hill have 800 acres next to him)
    Currently a managing partner in a NYC private equity group and they love buying good companies w little debt then getting lines of credit from banks all over the world on said companies and then taking all the cash and filing bankruptcy.......they just ran off w $170M from the last one.......rinse and repeat
    Last edited by ecu1984; 04-09-2021 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    My boss for many years is a member, past President of Winchester Firearms ammunition division, previous board of director member of MARS as in MARS candy and dogfood companies as well as several other huge corporations including Bell.
    His neighbors outside of Nashville are Tim McGraw and Faith Hill (McGraw and Hill have 800 acres next to him)
    Currently a managing partner in a NYC private equity group and they love buying good companies w little debt then getting lines of credit from banks all over the world on said companies and then taking all the cash and filing bankruptcy.......they just ran off w $170M from the last one.......rinse and repeat

Why didn’t you end with “my boss of many years”? Nobody gives a shit about the rest! You jealous of him?
    Go Tigers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    He sounds like a modern day robber baron. I’ve known a few over the years, and learned to never trust a single one. Good luck to you.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    Yep, IF you ask to join that pretty much keeps you out

Membership is fairly inexpensive from what you would expect. Initiation fee some where between $20-40K and my understanding is less than $4K per year You get to play from Oct-May I think, naturally no playing prior to the Masters.

If I am correct Lou “Granny Clampett” Holtz is a member
    I figured it would be higher than Pinehurst. For the record I know nothing about golf.

Quote Originally Posted by ADP View Post
    I figured it would be higher than Pinehurst. For the record I know nothing about golf.

Same here but more of a prestigious membership than for money , I imagine most that are members money is no issue

We supplied material for the clubhouse renovation. Ammo bunkers at Lejeune are less fortified. All the subs and and major suppliers were invited for a walk thru seemed boring to me. We get tickets to practice rounds in a five year cycle or so I think both times I gave mine to a co-worker that daughter is a big golfer. I see the value in seeing Old Faithful, the Grand Canyon, Red Woods, not some grass man planted but to each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    We supplied material for the clubhouse renovation. Ammo bunkers at Lejeune are less fortified. All the subs and and major suppliers were invited for a walk thru seemed boring to me. We get tickets to practice rounds in a five year cycle or so I think both times I gave mine to a co-worker that daughter is a big golfer. I see the value in seeing Old Faithful, the Grand Canyon, Red Woods, not some grass man planted but to each his own.
    I have given 5 passes away each year for the last 10 years, I went a few times and always kept the passes for Sunday for us or a relative. Good experience
    if anyone has never been, the grounds keeping is amazing. Member dies last year and I didnt get them, could have called some folks but w/o Tiger playing....
    who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    My favorite part of the whole weekend.

Banzai!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see the Sushi and Sashimi spread at next year's champion's meal.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    My favorite part of the whole weekend.
    Yep

I did enjoy watching the beginning of Xanders run.

My son and a couple of his friends have always liked Hideki.. I think his old pause mesmerized them, and they tried to get a high five from him there in 19. I remember saying "quit that shit" when they were trying to imitate him.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 04-12-2021 at 08:32 AM.

Someday soon , Zalatoris will win the Masters. that young man can play some great golf too.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

I thought this was in pretty good spirit

Screenshot_20210412-102340_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hideki was spotted at ATL airport this morning, carrying his green jacket and flying coach.

07A094D1-80F5-46A3-A225-000E02032BC4.jpg
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Banzai!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see the Sushi and Sashimi spread at next year's champion's meal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

It's da troof. He won and gets to set the menu.

Sheiiit , Tiger had sushi and sashimi at his Champion's meal more than once and no one complained. I'd rather have that than what Sandy Lyle ordered up in '89.

Haggis and mashed turnips.

The meal is supposed to honor the winner's heritage, not hide from it for racially motivated reasons. I dig some Sushi and Sashimi.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Well deserved by the young man. I hope to see him continue this humility throughout his reign at the top.

Anyone seen DJ?
    Double Secret Probation Officer

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    It's da troof. He won and gets to set the menu.

Sheiiit , Tiger had sushi and sashimi at his Champion's meal more than once and no one complained. I'd rather have that than what Sandy Lyle ordered up in '89.

Haggis and mashed turnips.

The meal is supposed to honor the winner's heritage, not hide from it for racially motivated reasons. I dig some Sushi and Sashimi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

I got the humor attempt.

Maybe he will do Yakitori Chicken
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Zaxby’s nuclear wings would be my choice.