Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rock Hill folks

Awful news.

From the family:

Below is a personal statement from the Lesslie family. It's one of the most incredible things I've ever read...so I'm sharing it here.

"The four Lesslie siblings wrote this statement: On behalf of the Lesslie, Alexander, and Kulbok clans, we would like to address the outpouring of heartbreak, shock, grief, and support from our family, friends, and community.

We are truly in the midst of the unimaginable. The losses we are suffering cannot be uttered at this time.

While we know there are no answers that will satisfy the question “why,” we are sure of one thing: we do not grieve as those without hope. Our hope is found in the promise of Jesus Christ, and we are enveloped by peace that surpasses all understanding. To that end, our hearts are bent toward forgiveness and peace. Toward love and connectedness. Toward celebration and unity. We honor all of those involved in this story with prayers and compassion specifically for the Shook family, the Lewis family, and the Adams family.

As Robert Lesslie would say, when peace like a river attendeth my way, when sorrows like sea billows roll, it is well with my soul.

If you would like to do something for the family,
    Adah and Noah would want you to stock the free pantries and libraries in your community.
    Barbara and Robert would want you to be good stewards of what you are given, leaving every place better than it was before you got there.
    Adah, Noah, Barbara, Robert, and the rest of the family would ask any memorials or gifts to be sent to Camp Joy North Carolina (918 South Pleasantburg Dr., Greenville, SC 29607) in honor of hope and the promise of eternity.-The Lesslie, Alexander, and Kulbok Families
    April 8, 2021."

BT2-to add on to that my wife sent me this

*From Dr. Lesslie's website administrator*

As many of you know, Dr. Lesslie passed into glory yesterday. Here are words that he recently wrote:

One day, when I depart this body and find myself in the presence of the Lord, my time, however it will be measured, will be filled with the praises and the wonder of Jesus. I know that I will once again be able to hug my mother and walk and talk with my father. There are a lot of people I want to see as well—family and friends, grandparents, some of whom I never met on this side. And I will seek out Peter and John and the Apostle Paul, as well as other giants of the faith—men and women whose words and deeds have guided and molded my journey and my heart.

We have no idea what Heaven will look like, only that it will be perfect. And because of that I know that one day, when I’ve experienced the presence and joy of that surrounding host of saints, I will find myself walking with Barbara in a field of lush, green grass, surrounded by gently rising conifer-cloaked hills. The words of Jesus will echo through that glade—“Behold, I make all things new.” And there will come Dox, charging towards us, his ears flapping in the breeze, his golden hair and majestic tail waving in the wind, and both of his laughing, dancing eyes meeting ours.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow.
    Praise him all creatures here below.
    Praise Him above ye heavenly hosts.
    Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

The Doxology
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Awful stuff.

A lot of admirable faith displayed in the previous two posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwaysvt View Post
    Awful stuff.

A lot of admirable faith displayed in the previous two posts.
    Indeed. Inspirational for sure.

I just read he did this because the doctor cut off his medication...that sorry bastard is lower than whale shit.
    Last edited by Coot_Commander; 04-08-2021 at 02:51 PM.

Dr. Leslie's words are a true testament to his Christian faith. Job well done on earth sir, may you find eternal peace in the heavenly embrace of the Father.

He will get a pass because of football and cte,,,well not a pass really but some sympathy from the public eye
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

I personally knew this family growing up in Rock Hill and went to school with two of Dr Lesslie’s kids. Still some information to work through but no matter what the situation, it is fucked up. This was a damn good family and it shouldn’t have happened.