Thread: DJ's dinner

Default DJ's dinner

I saw that a little while back. It's funny, I heard Justin Leonard comment saying he thought DJ would have something with a low country flair..

I go wild for Masters week.. last night was a prime ribeye.. I candied some bacon, and made a scrumptious wedge salad. Besides like egg salad sandwiches like a mofo this week, I thought my go to for at least once Masters week was a no go. My supplier was out of soft shells, frozen. Next week, maybe fresh.. I don't care if it's on a sandwich, but about an hour ago I got an email from our little private dining place for the rest of the week.. softshells starting on Friday for brunch, supplies maybe making it to Sunday. You can bet your sweet ass Saturday I'll get my fill.

He should have flown you in to oversee that menu for sure...

I used to send a fair amount of alcohol down there.. I remember getting a menu one late afternoon for a dinner down there years ago. Nothing really complicated wine wise, but Cakebread chardonnay had gone to allocation. I called a buddy now with Buffalo Trace who dealt with it then, I was like clear that shit, put it in your car and drive me 10 cases by 830 am. It's Augusta, he did.

Honestly, I celebrate all week. I was trying to talk Nutz into teeing off with me at first light on Sunday morning, legal shooting time.. if I walk by number 4, I can see the ball in flight

Cakebread makes some tasty vino for sure.

Softshells?? I hope ya azzz gets some gastric disruption. Damn, I love em too.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

they do a good job, and have a pretty place. There were several chardonnays that I'd grab over them, to me it's just one of that names that people like to drop. "do I want cupcake or cakebread".

Fried softshell on toast with Dukes, lettuce and tomato, damn.................
    “Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves.” Lord Byron

and sorry, my previous post sounds pissy

I get it. Wine snobs are a notch lower than Bourbon snobs.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

They did church it up a bit at the actual dinner and called them "smoked kielbasa in puff pastry"

Hahahaha.

With Creole Mustard.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

You fancy people confuse me.

JAB... what are you posting? I'm not able to see whatever it is. I'm using an iPhone. It was the same way in the prayers thread.

I'm assuming it's a tweet. For some reason I can't see those all the time.
    Last edited by Luvin' Labs; 04-08-2021 at 11:00 AM.

Is outback catering?

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    I get it. Wine snobs are a notch lower than Bourbon snobs.
    I mean, I can understand a percentage of them.. others are on line with some bourbon drinkers, they're just wanting stuff they've heard about or have had in a certain place.. that was the best bottle they've ever had. I cannot recreate that atmosphere. I was a collector of wine for a pretty long time, but I drank mine... plus sold some, the last futures I bought was a decent amount of Mouton Rothschild.. but at an extremely silly price. I gave away or sold most of my stuff, except a few Bordeaux that I sell cheap to friends for special occasions, and a vertical of Chateau Pettus. I sold one bottle of 95 and gave another to a good friend. I've got two hundred point wines in there. I drank Rhone wines, predominantly. But I've drank and tasted through some silly ass expensive cult wines in my life. I try to keep it simple. I mean, I'd taste through 20 or 30 wines a week on average. I'm not into making life difficult

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    JAB... what are you posting? I'm not able to see whatever it is. I'm using an iPhone. It was the same way in the prayers thread.
    X2

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I mean, I can understand a percentage of them.. others are on line with some bourbon drinkers, they're just wanting stuff they've heard about or have had in a certain place.. that was the best bottle they've ever had. I cannot recreate that atmosphere. I was a collector of wine for a pretty long time, but I drank mine... plus sold some, the last futures I bought was a decent amount of Mouton Rothschild.. but at an extremely silly price. I gave away or sold most of my stuff, except a few Bordeaux that I sell cheap to friends for special occasions, and a vertical of Chateau Pettus. I sold one bottle of 95 and gave another to a good friend. I've got two hundred point wines in there. I drank Rhone wines, predominantly. But I've drank and tasted through some silly ass expensive cult wines in my life. I try to keep it simple. I mean, I'd taste through 20 or 30 wines a week on average. I'm not into making life difficult
    there was a documentary on netflix about wine counterfeiting, i think it was called sour grapes. about some dude who was a supposed expert on high end wine. swindled some big name people out of some serious cash by buying up all this cheap wine and then mixing it together and relabeling it and selling it for some ridiculous sums of money.

one of the koch brothers was one of his victims, so he hired a private detective and busted this guy. pretty sure he's still serving time in prison.

it was crazy to see how much money people spend on high end wine.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.