Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Constitutional Carry passed 2nd reading

Quote Originally Posted by kquinn View Post
    Am I correct in the assumption that you would still need a CWP to travel to a reciprocal state as it currently sits or would the Constitutional carry offer you the same benefit
    You would have to abide by that state's laws, just as you do now.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    We passed that on an amendment also.
    Good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the update DT

Honest odds of passing Senate ??

How about follow the SCFC and provide 'protection' to those willing to go through the course and experience requirements (i.e., Certified Prescribed Fire Manager). Would encentivize the CWP course.

The bill passed the House with a vote of 69 to 47. Advocates say this is an effort to ensure citizens have the right to self-defense without government red tape or delay. The bill maintains the CWP system and allows those wishing to obtain a permit to do so, but does not require it. Additionally, the bill was amended to bar the state from enforcing federal gun control regulations.

We just witnessed and participated in the recipe for success. If you want it, the senate will have to smell you breathing down their throat.

Do you want it bad enough?
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

The House members know it doesn't have a chance in the Senate. Vote for it so they can tell their constituents they did everything they could and it is all the Senate's fault. Easy position to be in knowing that their votes don't matter in the long run.

Don't ever say Never. What DT said, gotta let them know and will still be a long row to hoe
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by Chasbeau1 View Post
    The House members know it doesn't have a chance in the Senate. Vote for it so they can tell their constituents they did everything they could and it is all the Senate's fault. Easy position to be in knowing that their votes don't matter in the long run.
    This.

Anyone got one of them copy and paste messages to email our senators?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyTownsend View Post
    Anyone got one of them copy and paste messages to email our senators?
    Also a list of the state senate by district with emails
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Quote Originally Posted by Chasbeau1 View Post
    Not this go around. The House tried to kill and gun right groups was spending money. If they kill some Senators lose a seat like in the past. This is hot as the issue has been. Many House Reps were saying the votes are there.

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.Ducks View Post
    Also a list of the state senate by district with emails
    https://www.scstatehouse.gov/legislatorssearch.php

here is how to find yours.

Mine is Karl Allen(D) I might as well go outside and send an email to the oak tree in the front yard. But he is getting one.

Not sure about a comprehensive list.
    Last edited by Jozie & Me; 04-12-2021 at 08:49 AM.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

I just emailed my guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    We just witnessed and participated in the recipe for success. If you want it, the senate will have to smell you breathing down their throat.

Do you want it bad enough?
    why do you still feel like we, the people, have any effect on what you state legislators legislate? you always fall back on this premise...that if we call or email or state legislators, it will actually make a difference.
    you are honestly just commenting on lobbying and how it affects you. I can call or write my rep and tell him how important a certain piece of legislation is but it wouldnt matter bc I am not big money.

you cant please every single person in your district. you just cant. stop pretending like our emails matter, because they dont.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    why do you still feel like we, the people, have any effect on what you state legislators legislate? you always fall back on this premise...that if we call or email or state legislators, it will actually make a difference.
    you are honestly just commenting on lobbying and how it affects you. I can call or write my rep and tell him how important a certain piece of legislation is but it wouldnt matter bc I am not big money.

you cant please every single person in your district. you just cant. stop pretending like our emails matter, because they dont.
    buzz killer

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    buzz killer
    As The Dude would've said, he's a human paraquat.

sorry. what did I say that you dont agree with?

I was just breaking balls. Anytime a person can quote The Big Lebowski, he should.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    sorry. what did I say that you dont agree with?
    you squashed our hopes and dreams

let's not let your preconceived notions of my postings negate its facts.