Thread: Destin Eats

Default Destin Eats

In Destin for the next few days, and wanted to check with the SCDucks Braintrust. Any "must eats" that won't break the bank or any "off the beaten path" places they may not be as popular, but still serve up a really good meal. Went to The Back Porch last night. The food was great, but the too loud 20 something drinking her wine with a quickness kinda ruined it for me.

The Red Bar in Grayton Beach is a neat place, the original building was a lot cooler but it burned down in 2019. I think they re-opened in 2020 sometime.
    Formerly DM88

Used to fish the Destin Rodeo back in the pre wife and kid days....

Dewey Destin for fried seafood...somewhat touristy but where is Destin isn't? Just decent fried seafood without all the "Woo-Woo girls" and guys with tank tops, socks, and athletic slides

Bijoux for a nicer, upscale N'awlins style dinner

And a good casual place away from the Myrtle Beachy(cue Tater) feel of Destin, either Louis Louis or Red Bar in Santa Rosa, just a couple miles east down 98/30A

Enjoy those beautiful beaches! Much better than the mud beaches on the SC coast.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Dewey Destins

9 Calhoun Ave, Destin, FL 32541
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

shunk gulley in santa rosa

McGuire's Irish Pub. Remember pulling in about 8 years ago and thinking great another tourist trap. Was in the top 5 steaks I've ever had and I travel and eat well often. Hadn't thought of the place since then but just looked at the website and they serve USDA Prime across the board, not just for one or two options so maybe they are legit and my experience wasn't a fluke.

Thanks fellas. I'm sure that's enough for the few nights we will be here.

Quote Originally Posted by natec duck View Post
    McGuire's Irish Pub. Remember pulling in about 8 years ago and thinking great another tourist trap. Was in the top 5 steaks I've ever had and I travel and eat well often. Hadn't thought of the place since then but just looked at the website and they serve USDA Prime across the board, not just for one or two options so maybe they are legit and my experience wasn't a fluke.
    Went to McGuire's tonight. Really good food and even better atmosphere. Would go back for sure. Last we ended up at Boshamps. Really good as well.

Donut Hole for breakfast is good.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm