Thread: Shooting Today in MD

Default Shooting Today in MD

So I see there was a shooting today in MD and all the news media outlets are covering it as a big story. 2 people died in this incident. I've noticed they all like to use the term "Active Shooter". I'm not sure if this is some trigger term to promote the call for more gun control.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/maryland-...ct-down-police

But I'm puzzled as to why these "active shooter" stories make headlines when regular old shootings don't get mentioned at all. A quick search for homicides in Chicago in 2021 revealed that 134 people have died in just Chicago alone. No reporting of this.

Why is this "active shooter" scenario such a big media phenomenon but other murders are not?

Cause they is a narrative they is tryin to push. Chicago don’t fit they narrative

This "active shooter" is now " inactive".
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

They report white guys as active shooters. If they later realize he isn’t actually white, the story will be quickly dropped.

If a black dude killed 20 toddlers with a crack back .410 you’d never hear a word of it.

I get the feeling the media is hoping one of these active shooters is an angry white guy with a MAGA hat.

Do people watch their channel longer/more when there is “active shooter” in the bottom band?

"Active shooter" probably relates to TV crime shows and gets people all excited to see folks shot.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

I have active shooter as my username on Waze and a couple other apps.

They are constantly trying to recreate the ratings draw of the White Bronco pursuit/chase. It all started there.

What have you heard about the Boulder, CO shooting since they discovered he was not a WASP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a damn thing. Nothing to see there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    I get the feeling the media is hoping one of these active shooters is an angry white guy with a MAGA hat.
    This. And, you don't hear about Chicago because one of obama's big selling points was how much he "fixed" Chicago before he left. Its now being run by his minions, the main one of which is too busy trying to have pissing contests with intellectual people that she's not qualified for. Trump offered to send in the troops to REALLY fix the problem and they turned him down- to which he told them in that case to enjoy their shit hole.