Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Side dressing nitrogen on corn

Need fan tips as one strip in the middle of say 30” rows will be a long ways from the filter roots.

I lay by when corn is over knee high and as tall as can be that tractor won’t break it over. This is where an industrial design tractor doesn’t lend well to the operation.

I waited until the corn was about 10-12 inches before I put liquid nitrogen out. My sprayers shot it out of the drop tube with a pissing nozzle. The stream usually hit 2-4 inches from the stalk. Sometimes it hit the stalk but never hurt the plants.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Pulled out the sprayer and figured I would post a few pictures.

Tractor tires are 60" on center so I can straddle 2 - 30" rows with ease. I lay by 4 rows at a time and plant all my fields accordingly. Drops are 1/4" stainless pipe inside a 1/2" pipe with set bolt for adjustment. 1/2" pipe is welded to a weeder tooth and gives plenty of bounce as I run the tips about 6" off the ground. Center 3 drops have 5.0 fan tips with the outside 2 having 2.5 fan tips. That middle is covered twice will laying by and spraying. So I get even coverage across the entire field.

In process of attaching a boat winch/pulley system to raise and lower the boom for transport. Currently I have been lifting it and moving bolts around.

one.jpgtwo.jpg