Thread: North Dakota hunt - Better late than never

Here is a pic from when me and my buddy went to North Dakota over Thanksgiving. We killed a good many red heads, and one mallard(they are around my neck, but you can hardly see them)and pheasant, but all the potholes were frozen, so we had to hunt big water, and 20 decoys are no match for 2,500 live birds on the other side of the lake. But we had a good time anyway.

My advice is don't be a dumbass like me and wait to go duck hunting in ND the last week of their season. It was five below the whole time we were there! Next year I am going in Sept - Oct.

*Sorry the pic is so bad, but at least you can see the most important person on our trip. If it wasn't for her, all our ducks would have been lost. Thank God for retrievers! [IMG] http://hray4.photosite.com/~photos/tn/4_1024.ts1138052299318.jpg[/IMG]
    "A wife that cooks and cleans the dishes deserves these three wishes... A grateful mate, a well kissed cheek, and a restaurant dinner at least once a week!" - Pabst Blue Ribbon

it looks like some thermal vision picture or some shit? Whatupwiddat?

I bet yall froze yalls [img]graemlins/moon.gif[/img] off up there!

Yeah, the pics are all f#@%ed up, most of them did not turn out at all. As for freezing our butts off, let me put it to you this way - we scouted the first day we got there, and then met some locals and drank some Midwest moonshine (they called it liquid diesel fuel), needless to say I drank more than my fair share. The next morning I was puking in the cat tails, and as soon as my puke hit the ground, it was frozen. Now THAT is cold.
    "A wife that cooks and cleans the dishes deserves these three wishes... A grateful mate, a well kissed cheek, and a restaurant dinner at least once a week!" - Pabst Blue Ribbon

I hunted ND back in Oct and it was long sleeve T shirt weather then. What part of ND were you in?
    80-20 Genaration

We flew into Fargo, ND and drove to Lamoure. The weather had been in the 30's to 20's until the week we got there, and that big snow storm came through. With the windchill it was 5 to 10 below in the mornings. I am curious, how did you do in October? I want to go back next year, and I am trying to pinpoint the right time to go.

I like the moonshine and puke story, that's pretty good.
    \"Cut \'em down boys.\" -Denim Dan

Other than Argentina and the ill-fated Mississippi trip with the SCDucks crew last year, I have not ventured out of SC to shoot ducks. Next year will be the year. Looking at some place west of Georgia (possibly northern Alabama) and Maryland (Pittboss).

Glad you had an eventful hunt, CG That would have been a real effort with the stuff you had to work with. I love redheads - wanted to bust one this year, but it hasn't worked out yet.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

I am planning a trip in September to Canada. I am trying to see if anyone would be interested. We could go for a week for under a grand. A buddy of mine went last year, and they busted their asses! He said it was unlike any hunting he had ever done. If anybody is interested in going, pm me.

How was Argentina??

Argentina rocked. 5 days of killin', with a total of over 4000 doves. 2 guns. Common decency forbids I tell how many ducks.

This was one half of one days haul in Argentina - for one gun.

I think that is the most beautiful pic I have seen on here so far. I am green with envy. Congrats, man.

Yeah, that bird boy got tired of pickin' up ducks.

Here is some video of that evening's hunt.

Argentina duck whackage video

Holy crap Swamp! In the middle of the video was that a two for one shot!?

Damn, don't let JAB see that, he'll kill'em all. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Cool video SR!!!
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Yeah, CG, 'das a scotch double Big tree ducks, too. That one silver teal about took my head off falling the in blind.

It was an awesome trip. Can't wait to go back. Great shooting, great people, great wines, and the best beef in the world.